Southern Virginia

For me, yep. I try to go when there are less people, or be prepared for a lot of explanations... Here's a couple of images
bennetts-46.jpg
bennetts-123.jpg

Reactions: wrestler157
Never been to bennetts creek park to fly. I go downtown Suffolk and fly around the water tower.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

0526597831d9b09bb33e6276cdc27b22.jpg
86a292f7555524b042735018dd1da1d6.jpg
8f263c12685ce6a1f5617bba2a405f64.jpg
3042b1d88dd5564c44514f5bd55fdcaa.jpg

The last 2 pics are from Lake Cohoon in Suffolk

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Anyone listening right now, I think the light might be interesting this evening in Southeastern VA, as the storm breaks up. Always my favorite light.
I might go to Bennetts Creek, depending on another idea. Do something this evening or tomorrow, and post it! Challenge!
Vic

Going to be windy today. Nice and sunny though.

Sorry I couldn't meet up with you last weekend...Spring Break plans.

Since we've last flown together, I've been working on aerial photography techniques. I took a Udemy course on aerial photography that is pretty good. It teaches to the GS features of Litchi's software, which is more powerful than DJI Go, IMHO. I also bought some more batteries. With six batteries, I can now have enough to swap until I'm tired of flying or out of sd cards. It's nice to fly (especially when you are setting up shots for aerial photography) when power is no longer a constraint. I'll set up GS missions with camera pans, and run them a few times until footage is just right.

Anyway, once I have some decent produced videos to share, I'll post some links. I've been talking with a crew coach, a dirt bike hobbyist, and a paintball facility scheduler to get some opportunities for interesting subjects. As these pan out, I'll share my experiences.

--H

Finally the wind wasn't bad and got to fly out at Bennetts Creek park

Attachments

• 1461016635512.jpg
    1461016635512.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 332
does anyone know if the new phantom 4 can be used with a android samsung tablet..... most of all the videos ive seen on the unit they r useing a apple product.....

thanks for any info

capt. john

You should be able to. Dji app is in the play store and when you open it up they have the option for phantom 4 but not 100 percent positive it actually works but I don't see why they wouldn't make it compatible

You should be able to. Dji app is in the play store and when you open it up they have the option for phantom 4 but not 100 percent positive it actually works but I don't see why they wouldn't make it compatible

ok cool.... thanks for the info.... but if anyone has the new phantom and is using a android i would like to know about it.... thanks guys

also i have a mariner quod its the only water prof quod on the market and im thinkn of selling it if anyone is interested in a watet prof unit

Couple pictures from harbor fest

Attachments

• 1466191598577.jpg
    1466191598577.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 277
  • 1466191630374.jpg
    1466191630374.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 321
  • 1466191676056.jpg
    1466191676056.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 354
were u in the power boat with the flying bridge anchored off the tidewater yacht clubs interance?.... i was the blue and white sail boat beside u.... great picks

Anybody deal with the Currituck County Regional Airport? The operation manager filed a complaint with the Sheriff's office cause cause I called to notify them of my intent to fly within 5 miles of the airport. The deputy who showed up had read all the regs and agreed with me and just came by to tell me that the complaint was filed. He also said just keep on notifying then so I don't get in trouble with the FAA.

good job playing within the rules..... keep doing that and it will be good for everyone..... with that said i thought we couldnt fly within a 5 miles of an airport that might be dangerous for pilots consentrating on landing

Section 336 of public law 112-95 states that you must notify airport operation and tower if one exists prior to fling

Continue, At this time you should discuss AGL, air traffic patterns and the airport can notify pilots of possible UAS activity. I just want to have the conversation and not be hung up on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers