Southern Virginia

ahhh... yes! this is just getting interesting everytime I pull this thread.
Hey, let me know if any of you looking for a flying buddy this Friday morning,

Reactions: kSilva
Thats me in that video lol.. facebook.com/rtaylorphotographyva they called me out of the blue around noon and asked if they could do the story
Very cool news story, I think we have a new celebrity on this forum lol. I'm glad they are reconsidering the ordinance. I'm need to check park out, I have not been there yet.

hey, long time no fly with all.
I just want to throw the bone here if you're interested to hover this weekend.
It will be nice to fly for the last time without registration this Sunday afternoon.
just a thought.

ksilva,
I've heard you guys in the peninsula have some of the nice scenic locations in Hampton Roads.
i'm available anytime after 1pm on Sunday.

ksilva,
I've heard you guys in the peninsula have some of the nice scenic locations in Hampton Roads.
i'm available anytime after 1pm on Sunday.
Huntington park seems to be a very nice area too fly and shoot. You got the James River, fishing peer, shipyards etc. I never flown there so I don't know what the rules are.

Called the Newport news city park and was told no drones allowed.
I wonder if this new fact sheet put out by the FAA today will stop some of these local restrictions.

FAA Issues Fact Sheet on State and Local UAS Laws

December 17- The Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) new fact sheet on state and local regulation of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) provides information for states and municipalities considering laws or regulations addressing UAS use. The document outlines FAA's safety reasons for federal oversight of aviation and airspace, and explains federal responsibility in this area.

The fact sheet provides examples of state and local laws affecting UAS for which consultation with the FAA is recommended, such as restrictions on flight altitude or flight paths, regulation of the navigable airspace, and mandating UAS-specific equipment or training.

The fact sheet also gives examples of UAS laws likely to fall within state and local government authority, such as requirements for police to obtain a warrant prior to using UAS for surveillance; prohibitions on the use of UAS for voyeurism; exclusions on using UAS for hunting or fishing, or harassing individuals engaged in those activities; and prohibitions on attaching firearms or other weapons to a UAS.

I wonder if this new fact sheet put out by the FAA today will stop some of these local restrictions.

FAA Issues Fact Sheet on State and Local UAS Laws

December 17- The Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) new fact sheet on state and local regulation of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) provides information for states and municipalities considering laws or regulations addressing UAS use. The document outlines FAA's safety reasons for federal oversight of aviation and airspace, and explains federal responsibility in this area.

The fact sheet provides examples of state and local laws affecting UAS for which consultation with the FAA is recommended, such as restrictions on flight altitude or flight paths, regulation of the navigable airspace, and mandating UAS-specific equipment or training.

The fact sheet also gives examples of UAS laws likely to fall within state and local government authority, such as requirements for police to obtain a warrant prior to using UAS for surveillance; prohibitions on the use of UAS for voyeurism; exclusions on using UAS for hunting or fishing, or harassing individuals engaged in those activities; and prohibitions on attaching firearms or other weapons to a UAS.

careful what you wish for... you may not get it- hihi
generally, the public has this negative perception on "DRONES".
So, rather than relaxing or just complying with FAA, local ordinances may even toughen their rules.
Why I stay away from public - out of sight out of mind.

ksilva, have not heard back from you. Huntington is not a drone friendly city park.
I'll be glad if you all can join myself at the Pungo Ferry Road Bridge area this Sunday at 3 to sunset.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20