Southern Virginia

Weekend weather is looking good. Anyone interested in a chesapeake get together?

Where would you like to fly? I'm still trying to stay away from flying over water (at least until my insurance policy kicks in).

Where would you like to fly? I'm still trying to stay away from flying over water (at least until my insurance policy kicks in).

waiting for immrbt to chime-in.
One time I thought we wanted to hover over the North West area near where he lives.
I'm open for any suggestions as long as it's early in the morning.

Hard to believe, I was bored and wandered into this group, and this thread was at the top of the list! I live in Suffolk, close to Obici. I have a Phantom 2 that about as tricked out as it gets, and I recently bought an "as is" P3 on ebay that was in pretty good shape, and I fixed it up as well. I also had my first P2 fly away back in April. I could give a general direction it took off to, but it had a full battery, so I gave up on finding it long ago.

Glad to hear there are others in the area. I am pretty good with electronics and mechanical stuff, and I've been toying with the idea of perhaps repairing these things for a small flat fee. I think I actually enjoy working on them as much or maybe even more than flying them. I have a 3D printer, so I could print up some of the things that you may have seen floating around online.

Just reply back with info on when any of you guys would like to meet up again. Look forward to it.

Dmiles--
Three of us are getting together at Northwest River Park at 08:00 tomorrow (Sat, 11/21) for a 3-quad flight. You are certainly welcome to join us to make it a flight of 4.
--Hblink93

Recommend we meet at this parking lot: 36°35'01.5"N 76°09'01.3"W. There is a small field (adjacent) that could work well for some multi-quad photography. Might be tight for all of us, but I figure we can spread out after we get some multi-quad video. There is an equestrian park about .75 miles to the NW and across Indian Creek Rd., there are farmlands. Otherwise, the area is pretty dense with trees. We might need to do some impromptu altitude deconfliction! See you tomorrow!

Hey fellas. I live in Newport News and I have P3P. I would love to meet with you guys next time. I'm work every other weekend and I'm off some days during the week. Let me know, we could meet at some of the nice scenic locations here on Hampton Roads. I think York Town beach would be pretty nice to fly our drones. There is plenty of open space and the view is amazing!

Reactions: iammrbt
You will want to use extreme caution flying in the Yorktown area.

yorktown.png

You will want to use extreme caution flying in the Yorktown area.

View attachment 36457
How reliable is this? I'm confused? This looks nothing like the No Fly Zone in the DJI site. According to this I can't fly my drone in my neighborhood but according to the DJI map it's ok for me to fly it and I live between Newport News Airport and Ft Eustis. I never go a warning from the drone about flying in restricted area.

Hey fellas. I live in Newport News and I have P3P. I would love to meet with you guys next time. I'm work every other weekend and I'm off some days during the week. Let me know, we could meet at some of the nice scenic locations here on Hampton Roads. I think York Town beach would be pretty nice to fly our drones. There is plenty of open space and the view is amazing!

Great to hear from you. I'll send you a PM the next time we get together. Welcome aboard.

Reactions: kSilva
How reliable is this? I'm confused? This looks nothing like the No Fly Zone in the DJI site. According to this I can't fly my drone in my neighborhood but according to the DJI map it's ok for me to fly it and I live between Newport News Airport and Ft Eustis. I never go a warning from the drone about flying in restricted area.
The FAA regulations/guidelines for recreational drone use indicate that you are supposed to stay 5 miles away from airfields.

There's an airfield at Fort Eustis and of course at Langley and Patrick Henry Airport.

You also cannot fly over National Park Service properties (Colonial Parkway) or military installations. And definitely don't go anywhere near Camp Peary.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20