Source for ESC coax?

Reaction score
Last weekend I replaced the V2.0 ESC boards in my V2+ v3.0 with the V2.1 ESC's. After looking at the solder joints for the coax sections, I decided I needed to do better. I'm not flying this until I know I've done my part right.

I absolutely cannot find single 18 gauge stranded center conductor coax, except at Mouser, where it's sold in 1000 foot rolls. I ordered three feet from an electronics shop in CA, but they sent me coax with double solid insulated wires for the center conductors. I called them and told them the order was wrong, they complained about the cost of shipping, and sent me a couple of feet of 23 gauge stranded center conductor.

Does anyone have any idea where such a simple item can be purchased? Honest to God, I have more than six hours of searching online and phone calls, and haven't been able to find anything.

hey Mnklegs I'm Still grounded my ESC 2.1 are coming by boat from china hope they come with no mayor issues, have you tried a Car radio shop Eg. CB antennas wires etc or even car stereo ant?
send me picts of your project
Mariano

The ESC boards are readily available on Amazon and elsewhere. I had mine in a couple of days.

I've searched everywhere--except the place where it can be bought. (Old David Brenner joke: who finds something then keeps on looking?).

I believe I've finally found it. Canare GS-6 18 AWG stranded copper center, braided copper shield, .225" OD (a bit thicker than the OEM cable). I found it at showmecables.com

If it doesn't look like a garden hose or a human hair when I get it, I'll be a happy guy.

send me pics of progress little concerned about soldering into pc board, anyway have a old soldering pen I think will be safer than a gun any advice will b helpful
mar

helipal is in china

marg2, don't use a soldering gun on a circuit board. As for the pen, it should be able to get really hot. You need to be able to touch the wire and pad and get them hot enough to melt solder in about a second. Longer than that and you'll damage other components.

My problem is that my hands just aren't as steady as they used to be.

Will get a new pen thanks for advice

If you are I de-soldering any of the ESC get the solder hot so the wire lifts off freely. If you try to help pull it loose be careful as you will pull the copper pad off the ESC and then it's toast. let the iron do the work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers