Somehow soft bricked my Pro Plus controller.

Has anyone got a backup of the stock recovery.img?
I think I need it so I can flash stock DJI ROMs (big .bin files) via the SD card.

I tried an allegedly compatible TWRP recovery bit it didnt take and somehow I seem to have overwritten my backup with a boot.img. I made a backup in the official TWRP app but i also backed up boot. However the filename was hidden behind the backup button and I suspect the boot backup had the same filename which I could not see and assumed was different.
It appears it was the same and i have no stock recovery image anymore... Bummer.

If I use ADB to adb reboot recovery, instead of ending up in recovery as before, it just reboots back to the full Android OS. There is no recovery so the DJI updates don't get flashed..

No recovery means no little green android during official system updates, it just reboots without enough time for anything to happen and no little green android on its back with a blue progress bar.. I think you need the stock recovery for them to work.

Last edited:
Yeah, rebooted fine.. Checked recovery, its the same as before :(
checked fastboot, still no connectivity.
Checked assistant 2, still not connecting, this controller has NEVER connected to Assistant 2.

You probably have, but make sure you have the newest Assistant2 program. My P4P+ wouldn't connect last month, but once I updated the program, it works like a champ

Yeah, it connects to the latest one. I found that out this evening.

Avira antivirus and disabling "shell" system process seems to have taken care of all the adverts for the moment.
Avira found 3 adpush apks...

Still searching for a stock recovery.img though.

Reactions: Hounddog
did you find the stock dji rom, mine stuck at the android recovery, i was updating the firmware but it got stuck

Attachments

• IMG_20190124_181250.jpg
    IMG_20190124_181250.jpg
    912.1 KB · Views: 161
I don't understand. Did it get hit with a soft brick? I have a Plus version, too. I got it so I don't have to use my phone, and my phone is free to use as intended.

I don't understand. Did it get hit with a soft brick? I have a Plus version, too. I got it so I don't have to use my phone, and my phone is free to use as intended.
I was updating the rc firmware, it stopped in the middle and it started showing android recovery screen as attached. Can you send me the dji stock rom or the image so i can recover

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik