Some shots from around Wisconsin, got lucky with the birds

Reaction score
Been shooting stuff for the last week or so and just put this together. This is my first time ever owning one of these or flying one. I'm pretty impressed, loving this thing.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Outstanding!

Where in Wisconsin do you live? I grew up there.

Reactions: Advexure
Nice. Yeah its a (hobby) life changer, for sure. Looks just like I remember WI, flat with a lot of straight roads. :)

Did you have any problems with the P3? unpacking, charging, updating firmware, connection to your monitor. irritate behavior of the craft or anything like has been described in many posts here and elsewhere.

I think that's the best video I've seen since the p3's were released. So many fantastic shots, and they fit together so well. I especially like the Woman/child running scene. Bravo!!

Reactions: AdamTr
Did you have any problems with the P3? unpacking, charging, updating firmware, connection to your monitor. irritate behavior of the craft or anything like has been described in many posts here and elsewhere.

The only thing is I've been having a weird issue where the video on my iPad Mini 2 tends to become glitchy and will stall out for a second here or there. I tried disabling the Wifi and it didn't change anything. Also, my range has not been outstanding, the video signal becomes weak before the controller signal and I always bring it back when that happens. I'm still very timid with this thing until I clock more hours.

Very nice. What do you use for video editing?

Been shooting stuff for the last week or so and just put this together. This is my first time ever owning one of these or flying one. I'm pretty impressed, loving this thing.

Very well done. Great to see more aerial work out of WI. :)

Reactions: AdamTr
Great video! Which videosettings did you used when flying? And which settings did you used for uploading to Vimeo?
Because I record 1080p60 and convert it to 30fps and than upload it to Vimeo, but Vimeo don't play it so smooth as yours. On my computer itself, both 60 and 30fps play smooth.

Any suggestions?

Great video! Which videosettings did you used when flying? And which settings did you used for uploading to Vimeo?
Because I record 1080p60 and convert it to 30fps and than upload it to Vimeo, but Vimeo don't play it so smooth as yours. On my computer itself, both 60 and 30fps play smooth.

Any suggestions?

Been shooting mostly in 3840x2160 30 (with Style at Soft), then conforming to 24 with Cinema Tools (part of Final Cut 7 Studio). That method gets a nice 80% slow-mo when editing in a 24p timeline. My aging 2008 MacPro does not handle 4k video well at all, so I've been down-converting the 3840x2160 30 to 1080p30 first, then conforming to 24, then editing the 1080p24 in FCP7. The final edited video uploaded to Vimeo was further down-converted to 720p24 because I don't have a Pro acct and Vimeo will convert 1080 to 720 anyway.

Assuming I get new Mac at some point in the near future that can actually handle 4K, I'll probably build a new 3840x2160 24 timeline and re-cut the video in the native resolution of the clips.

Okay nice nice! Vimeo supports 1080p, but as a Plus user (which I am), you have to activate it manually each time ;).

I've posted to my Vimeo Account and to my YouTube Account. Vimeo compresses the video so much you lose all the great sharpness you get with your new Phantom. Does anyone know how to get higher definition videos from Vimeo? I was so unhappy with the Vimeo fuzziness, I refused to show it to anyone. But on YouTube you can get 1080p or 2160 resolution with no problem other than longer upload times.

Anyone know how to up the resolution in Vimeo world?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31