Some more cracks. South Africa

Reaction score
Hi guys. Got a P3P, which I bought in December 2015 here in sunny South Africa. Have about 88 flights on it, very nice tool. Joined PhantomPilots and get reminders to go visit this site from time to time and low and behold, I got a reminder again this week. Checked out some of the treads and there I see about cracks under the motor arms and reinforcement plates etc. So I went to inspect my bird and there you go I have them cracks too. Very fine, but they are cracked.

I see there are various treads about this and I don't unnecessary want to go buy aftermarket stuff, i want this to go away. At this stage, what is my rights, being here in SA and all, or in short any suggestions or are we all screwed with this?

Hi guys. Got a P3P, which I bought in December 2015 here in sunny South Africa. Have about 88 flights on it, very nice tool. Joined PhantomPilots and get reminders to go visit this site from time to time and low and behold, I got a reminder again this week. Checked out some of the treads and there I see about cracks under the motor arms and reinforcement plates etc. So I went to inspect my bird and there you go I have them cracks too. Very fine, but they are cracked.

I see there are various treads about this and I don't unnecessary want to go buy aftermarket stuff, i want this to go away. At this stage, what is my rights, being here in SA and all, or in short any suggestions or are we all screwed with this?
I would back-off the motor bolts a tiny amount, just enough to decompress the plastic, as factory over-torquing of these is a major factor. I did this before I ever flew the AC, after reading all the horror stories on this forum and I've never had an issue.

I would back-off the motor bolts a tiny amount, just enough to decompress the plastic, as factory over-torquing of these is a major factor. I did this before I ever flew the AC, after reading all the horror stories on this forum and I've never had an issue.
Hi Numone, thanks for your reply and advice. Trust this would help a little bit, but I guess the damage has been done as it is cracked. I was hoping somebody or authority in SA would have seen my post to give me advice with DJI if available for someone in my position, because reading the other treads, it looks like if you are in Europe or the USA, you simply send it back to DJI and have it repaired pronto. Here in SA, don't have a clue what to do and where to go.

Hi Numone, thanks for your reply and advice. Trust this would help a little bit, but I guess the damage has been done as it is cracked. I was hoping somebody or authority in SA would have seen my post to give me advice with DJI if available for someone in my position, because reading the other treads, it looks like if you are in Europe or the USA, you simply send it back to DJI and have it repaired pronto. Here in SA, don't have a clue what to do and where to go.
Hmmmm, so from what you're saying, there aren't any DJI AD's in SA? Given its way out of warranty, I think the only thing you can now do is buy a new shell and replace it yourself? How did you purchase your P3? Personal import?

Hi Numone

I guess it is just bad luck on my part for not knowing about these, but also good luck, because I could have lost the bird if it cracked through while I did not notice. Having said that, my BMW motorcyle has been manufactured in 2006 and end of last year, (10 years...), got a call from dealer for collection as part of a re-call to do some mods. Now that is what I think good service it. Nothing to do with your warranty time is over, sorry now you are on your own, no, that would just be blatantly wrong, because I did not break it due to abuse or anything, it broke due to a material and/or manufacturing defects. Even in our own trade, this philosophy is the same, time is only the guideline, but the facts are the truth and the correct way to fair trade. I trust in DJI to make the right decision here...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj