Some issues. ( little info update)

Reaction score
My son has had a phantom 3 standard for a few years It took a hard landing a while back and broke a prop. Put new props on it then, not sure of brand. It did want to take off. Motors sound a little sporadic. He put it up for quite a while and got it out this week. I know my son is not one to read a manual, but he used to fly it quite a bit. We recalibrated the drone and updated the APP. The drone will come off the ground, it is a little shaky, and hold a little altitude. It doesn't like to throttle down to land or shut off when at idle speed. I don't know if he ever tried an auto take off. It seems to be having some issues with inputs setting it back down. Trying to find a direction to go with trouble shooting. One motor looks to idle a little slower than the others but I understand that is not uncommon. I'm use to flying RC planes but I'm a lot more knowledgeable about these things than my son, which isn't saying much. Talked to my son again, he said he did get max rpm warming on the motors while only being at part throttle. Could it be possible if it had a bad motor and the others were trying to match thrust of the other 3 and maintain drone orientation could be causing the shaky takeoff and response problems. He also kepted it the back of his SUV a while after the crash. It has a ridiculous amount of large subwoofers and speakers. Grabbing straws.

Last edited:
Hello there!
The way you put the problem it is hard to figure out what exactly the issue is.
Try to post here the log file of that flight.
How to do that has been described a million times here in the forum. Just find it.

Reactions: Capt KO
Posting logs should answer your questions. You may try spinning the motors by hand to look for a problem. Use DJI props. Use the search function for instr posting the recent flight logs.

My son has had a phantom 3 standard for a few years It took a hard landing a while back and broke a prop. Put new props on it then, not sure of brand. It did want to take off. Motors sound a little sporadic. He put it up for quite a while and got it out this week. I know my son is not one to read a manual, but he used to fly it quite a bit. We recalibrated the drone and updated the APP. The drone will come off the ground, it is a little shaky, and hold a little altitude. It doesn't like to throttle down to land or shut off when at idle speed. I don't know if he ever tried an auto take off. It seems to be having some issues with inputs setting it back down. Trying to find a direction to go with trouble shooting. One motor looks to idle a little slower than the others but I understand that is not uncommon. I'm use to flying RC planes but I'm a lot more knowledgeable about these things than my son, which isn't saying much. Talked to my son again, he said he did get max rpm warming on the motors while only being at part throttle. Could it be possible if it had a bad motor and the others were trying to match thrust of the other 3 and maintain drone orientation could be causing the shaky takeoff and response problems. He also kepted it the back of his SUV a while after the crash. It has a ridiculous amount of large subwoofers and speakers. Grabbing straws.
First and utmost you should check the pitch of the new prop best way when a prop is damaged is to replace all 4 Are you sure the motor shaft is not damaged (bent)

We replaced all four. It will hover and is not extra noisy from any motor issues or props. Been a little busy to really dig into it. Going to try to download the flight log and go over a few things. Just picked up a guys collection of phantom drones and parts. Great buy. 1 perfect, 1 just needs the new camera reattached and one is a pond recovery. 7 Batteries , 3 radios, multi battery charger, some master air screw props, bunch of parts, microrapter pro case for cheap.

Today I demagnetized the compass and switched props. Took right off without a hitch. Put the old props back on it went to pot. The props were bought at an online hobbyshop probably 2 years ago. They are a lot lighter than factory dji props. They went in the trash. Running the master airscrews it runs strong and quiet.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj