Solving the weak signal problem

Reaction score
i was having problems with the signal dropping out at relatively short distances, so I did some research and if you switch from the 5.8Ghrz band to the 2.4Ghrz band in the HD setting, it will for the most part, eliminate any problems with signal loss, and will significantly increase your ability to fly longer distances. It’s said that this can degrade the video display quality, but I haven’t noticed this. I’m sorry if this has already been covered,but I thought it was useful enough to post.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
2.4GHz goes further because it is lower frequency.
In busy areas (cities, towns etc.) with lots of 2.4GHz stuff, all the interference negates this advantage and switching to 5.8 GHz will be better.

Out in the sticks 2.4GHz is best for range.

Transmit power is also a lot lower in Europe as compared to America. All these long range videos on YouTube are largely meaningless for anyone in the EU. Also it tends to be quite humid and water (trees) absorbs these frequencies.

One way to mitigate this is to install boosted antennae and live with a borgtroller that weighs a tonne.

Attachments

• My wires butterfly and feet.jpg
    My wires butterfly and feet.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 427
Reactions: Ripper7620
2.4GHz goes further because it is lower frequency.
In busy areas (cities, towns etc.) with lots of 2.4GHz stuff, all the interference negates this advantage and switching to 5.8 GHz will be better.

Out in the sticks 2.4GHz is best for range.

Transmit power is also a lot lower in Europe as compared to America. All these long range videos on YouTube are largely meaningless for anyone in the EU. Also it tends to be quite humid and water (trees) absorbs these frequencies.

One way to mitigate this is to install boosted antennae and live with a borgtroller that weighs a tonne.
Thank you very much for the additional info, explains a few things I'm experiencing over water and power lines.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl