Solving the Phantom wobble

Reaction score
This is not news to many of you, but if it is not, and you are having problems with the Phantom wobble, I hope this helps. The light is a Lume Cube.

Another solution for your light issue. I’ll post a picture of how I attach them to a phantom later.

The trick is no camera flash from the strobe, at night. Not sure if that’s your plan or daylight viz. I put my small light on the front but not very useful during the day. No wobble due to size and center location.
Glad yours works well for you.

Thanks Sarz and Capt I use the Cree leds for my Mavic MIni because they are bright and so light. But they only have a vision of about 300 meters. I can see the Lume Cube up to 2 kilometers in the day. I very rarely fly at night.

Reactions: Capt KO
This little light is the brightest of any I’ve seen. Can’t mention the distance.
And here’s the leg mount. Computer/wire holder from an office supply.
124F6E5D-8E84-4FA6-B8FA-628BD1B8BEF6.jpeg
C307642D-F60A-464C-943D-2AA404960F64.jpeg
18993674-8971-4077-B4B6-7E1D6A3E6C75.jpeg

This little light is the brightest of any I’ve seen. Can’t mention the distance.
And here’s the leg mount. Computer/wire holder from an office supply.View attachment 120309View attachment 120310View attachment 120311
I love this repurposing of the cable guides, which I'm ordering as I write...Are those Firehouse strobes, just stuck on to the cable manager with the 'self-stick adhesive? Any issues with the strobe falling off? (the plastic on mine has loosened up and I'm afraid that it will stay stuck to my brackets but drop the strobe while flying). Yours don't seem to have the plastic on any more, is that why? would appreciate your advice!

I love this repurposing of the cable guides, which I'm ordering as I write...Are those Firehouse strobes, just stuck on to the cable manager with the 'self-stick adhesive? Any issues with the strobe falling off? (the plastic on mine has loosened up and I'm afraid that it will stay stuck to my brackets but drop the strobe while flying). Yours don't seem to have the plastic on any more, is that why? would appreciate your advice!
No, they are not firehouse products. They are far brighter than firehouse or strobon lights.
Velcro on cable guide and the light. I use Velcro on all my lights and have not ever had one come off. Of course there is good Velcro and some not so good, so be careful. I tend to wiggle the Velcro when I attach the lights so the little hooks get hooked in real well.

I have two firehouse small strobes. I put them at the front side of the shell. Stick them with a small square cut pieces of both sided adhesive tape.
In the evening twilight they are useful. Can see it within 1 km. At daylight they are almost useless. It would be a problem to put something bigger on Phantom as every part of it is curved.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20