Solutions For The Drone Age: DJI Drone-To-Phone Broadcast Remote ID

Reaction score
Anyone using this?
?
Solutions For The Drone Age: DJI Drone-To-Phone Broadcast Remote ID

Didn’t think it was out yet. Remember it being discussed
when it was first announced but heard no more on it.

Reactions: CPO Coastie
It sounds like a good option to meet some of the NPRM requirements that might be coming down the pipeline.

From reading the "Comments" on the video it doesn't look like many people are in favor of it even though it DOES check off several of the "Boxes" in the NPRM - Remote ID.

Only time will tell what comes out of it.

I still don't agree that the average Joe should have access to the pilots location. This can allow crooks to mug the pilot, paranoid people to go have unnecessary arguments and distract the pilot, etc.

They should only have access to the drone's ID and the mission purpose. Let the LEO only have access to the pilot's location. My opinion though.

I still don't agree that the average Joe should have access to the pilots location. This can allow crooks to mug the pilot, paranoid people to go have unnecessary arguments and distract the pilot, etc.

They should only have access to the drone's ID and the mission purpose. Let the LEO only have access to the pilot's location. My opinion though.

I see your point and I would support it either way. It's fairly easy to follow the UAS back to the operator usually but I do see where having the operator's location on the app would make criminals have a better chance of finding them . . .

Maybe have a "Civilian" version and a Public Safety version of the App.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues