Solid red lights with new battery

Reaction score
Just received a new battery for my phantom 2, directly from DJI. I only get two solid red lights when I use it, and rotors won't fire up. Is there something I need to do to initiate a new battery? Or is this one a dud. My other battery works totally fine.

Cheers

Welcome to the forum Big Shooter :)
Am not sure what this is and just did a quick search for it and this all I could find ,
"Check the battery connector inside the battery opening. Make sure it isn't damaged in any way. It can get damaged in a crash. In addition to the two large battery connectors, there are two small pins that also connect to the battery. If they don't make contact, the battery won't be able to talk to the Phantom which will cause the non-DJI battery error."
Now having said your other battery works fine I would look at the terminals in that battery and even clean them to see if that helps .
Hopefully you don't have a dud !
Sorry but that's all I got . Maybe someone else will chime in .

Welcome to the forum Big Shooter :)
Am not sure what this is and just did a quick search for it and this all I could find ,
"Check the battery connector inside the battery opening. Make sure it isn't damaged in any way. It can get damaged in a crash. In addition to the two large battery connectors, there are two small pins that also connect to the battery. If they don't make contact, the battery won't be able to talk to the Phantom which will cause the non-DJI battery error."
Now having said your other battery works fine I would look at the terminals in that battery and even clean them to see if that helps .
Hopefully you don't have a dud !
Sorry but that's all I got . Maybe someone else will chime in .
Thanks for getting back quick. I've checked all contacts etc and all looks fine.

Wondering if a firmware upgrade might help?

Well I have never had this problem and like I said had to search for something to tell you . I am on 3.12 and not gonna tell ya to upgrade cause once you do I'm not sure you can go back anymore . Will place the search in here in a second and maybe you can see more on that on this .
Is good to keep up with what ya on though .

https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=014775389315664725445:ejku2ysgyhi
This is the best place to find all that's in here and use the search in the middle of the screen ;)
Maybe someone else that has had this will see it and chime in !!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic