Software prevents flight due to proximity to airfield

Reaction score
I live near a Navy base. I have often received permission to fly with the base and city approval during prearranged hours and location. This morning, I started the phantom three pro. It started momentarily and shut down with a note prohibiting flight. A not popped up and said if think you have permission to try again, but internet connection needed. Of course I had internet since I had GPS and the drone started, calibrated, etc. I was never able to get the drone started despite having approval to do so and checking the boxes on the drone. I ended up moving outside the restricted areas. Any thoughts on this is appreciated. I think the software is getting too restrictive.

I'm not sure, but contact DJI. Who knows? They may give you a special build of the DJI GO app for your special circumstance. I would suggest you take the Part 107 test (Something I do not have, due to being 14) and show DJI your credentials. They may make an exception.

You need internet to receive a "Token" AKA PIN number after you check those boxes. You can get the PIN by text or email but, that is only if the airspace allows "Unlocking". My area has farms and unpaved runways used by crop duster. I had to unlock my area because of those runways that are only used in the summer and not often.

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.