So what camera setting do you use? What editing software?

Reaction score
What camera setting do you use? To shoot pictures? To shoot video? Day? Night? Cloudy? What ever y'all would share would be great! Hopefully a few people will read this and help out the people that are new to drone photography and videography. As I am new but learning how to shoot at different angles.
Also I what editing software? Thank y'all for the help

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I did a little video test of the digital filters so you can see some differences:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I usually shoot at 2.7k at 29.7 fps. I use either none or true color filter.

For editing I use Adobe Preimer and AutoPano for 360 panos.

Choose your video editor with care, you want to find that one that best fits you and really learn it. Editing and color grading are specific to each program. I've been using Movie Studio and Vegas for a while and would hate to change. I would recommend either Movie Studio or Premier Elements as great starting tools as what you learn in them can be transfer to the PRO version of the programs if you later need more power.

Hey guys, I'm a photographer and I use Lightroom 5 and Photoshop CC for all my photo editing and Premiere Pro CC and use after effects for any slow motion video. I have magicbullet plugin for premiere pro.
I fly day and night but at night I keep my ISO below 800, I always try to stay at 400 or lower as the sensor isn't good for low light and the noise is really bad. I don't use any filters yet but looking into some ND filters. I like to have my white balance set to cloudy and never auto just to keep the image the same from start to finish. When on auto I notice it's always all over the place and don't like the results. It makes it harder to edit. To get the most out of night videos with the standard I make sure to set my ISO to 400-800, record in 2.7k at 24 fps and downscale it to 1080p at 24 fps as downscaling will help with noise. Oh and turn off the front red light for recording at night, they will be your worst nightmare.

For camera - I leave on default. But my needs are modest .

For processing / editing - I use Windows Movie Maker light which is free. Very easy to use and no need to get into frame / time line stuff.

For conversion of movie format - then its Freemake Video Converter - excellent - covers just about every format from - to.

Friend of mine has a Video / Photo DVD business and Freemake was his suggestion - brilliant.

If you want more effects in editing - then Movie Maker 2.6 or later for Windows - also free as part of Windows Essentials.

Nigel

Reactions: redrussell
I've been a photographer for decades, but not into video, until I got my phantom 3! Now, I'm into video. I decided to get a copy of Corel's VideoStudioX9. I like their PaintShopPro series, although I don't use it as I'm into the Adobe CC Lightroom/PS, and Premier is too much for me right now. Corel's is probably equivalent to Adobe Premier Elements, but it was less expensive. It was on sale; I think I got it for about $30. I'm really not in a position to compare it to other programs, but I like it and was able to pick up the work flow fairly quick, and it's a lot of fun....

Awesome guy great info!! Keep it coming. I been looking into these my self and love it. Hopefully know I will be able to edit some stuff pretty good

Is there a easy and fast way to merge .mov files without losing quality(doesn't compress)??

Phantom 3 4K splits the videos in 4gb files(camera firmware issue, exfat doesn't help). I would like to upload them to youtube in one video file.

My computer isn't very fast and isn't made to video editing.

Lähetetty minun SM-G930F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Freemake video converter ..... best video converter you can get. It splits / joins / converts files so simply - even a baby can do it. And its free !

Nigel

Freemake video converter ..... best video converter you can get. It splits / joins / converts files so simply - even a baby can do it. And its free !

Nigel
Does it only merge files with compress?
Or can it join the files without compress(takes a little time even without powerfull pc)?

You choose the format you want to have final file ... then click the join files ..... go have coffee.

Honest - download and try it ... costs you nothing.

Nigel

Tried it.. Nice software but it does compress videos. Also I'm shooting 4k @ 60Mbps and max bitrate I could set was 32Mbps what isn't a lot in 4k video imho.

This is a problem you will find with most software - 4k needs more commercially designed pro software.

But don't forget - video sites such as YouTube / vimeo etc. will downgrade your video anyway.

Nigel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.