So uh, heads up. Don't fly near the Detroit riverfront

Besides jacked or shot?

Even if you're nowhere near the border crossing theyre not fans of anything in the air.

What did you mean by that statement? Can you be more precise as to why.

International Border. Homeland Sec. might be interested

Heads up??? anyone with half a brain knows better than to fly near border crossings, airports, military bases. What were you expecting?
Amazes me how some people, rather than protecting our hobby and keep these places out of their fly zones, continually push the boundries. In the end we will all end up paying for it.

Use your noggin, not rocket science on where and when to fly.

That's harsh, you don't know if he was in the air!

International Border. Homeland Sec. might be interested

Would they be any more interested if it were a plane or helicopter flying over video taping ? I don't think so.

There are several city parks along the riverfront plus Belle Isle island which is a state park now.

I work at the RenCen, and I've been doing fly recording shots all week of the river front for a project. not one person asked me a question.

I will warn you not to fly over Bel Isle at this time.. because of the race, they don't want anything un authorized in the air..

Yeah, I was actually further down the riverfront towards belle isle. The border crossing is about 2 miles further down. They were bike cops who were real gung ho.

After that I went to belle isle and the state cops and DNR said as long as I dont fly over anything for the Grand Prix or infringe on anyone that I can fly anywhere I want.

Not much the Detroit cops can do about your flying down at the riverfront or even by the bridge as they no authority from the FAA. As for Belle Isle I got the same response from the state park up here in Commerce Twp. In fact I did a video for them which they are using to send visitors to see what the park has to offer.

Reactions: Bag1 and J.James

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic