Snow Trooper flying in 12 degree weather > SNOW SNOW SNOW

PhantomWetSuits

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Phantom Rain Snow Trooper filming in 12 degree weather, 20 mph winds feels like 6 degrees.
We think the seal on the battery is keeping the air out and keeping the battery warmer. The Neoprene is closed cell but only 2mm thin is holding in some of the heat as we flew until we just could not take the cold anymore. About an hour in the air total ,

We did nothing to prepare the drone except drive to location
Phantomrain.org
Approved Vendor:

We filmed in 4K so you can watch full screen , even the slow motion came out ok.
Giving the ECLIPSE Wet Suit some love.

Notice the Black really pays off in the visual department.
I did lose the drone several times over the lake but had several spotters in different areas...

Reactions: chrismatthewssr
I fly my phantom 3 Pro all the time in 12 degree weather and I feel confidant in up to 40 mph wind gusts. I live in Alaska have about 100 successful winter flights. Phantoms do great in cold and wind

Reactions: CANEKiTA
That being said wish they would come out with the rain coat kit for the phantom 3 pro

I fly my phantom 3 Pro all the time in 12 degree weather and I feel confidant in up to 40 mph wind gusts. I live in Alaska have about 100 successful winter flights. Phantoms do great in cold and wind

That is awesome brad, we are really happy with how well we are protecting that lens and the clarity in the snow . In regards to the Phantom 3 Pro , we have been working on a Proto Type but have not gotten permission from DJI to engage that drone do to the camera having a different setup and not being as water resistant. Let me ask you have you been able to submerge just the camera in the water without taking any water inside, that is issue thus far with the Phantom 3 and why we have not gotten the green flag for production . I would love to see some of the footage of an epic snow storm from alaska, maybe post 1 video if you get a chance.

Reactions: Bad Brad
We just got the email form a guy in alaska: Check this out:

"I work in the oil field on the north slope of Alaska. I am strictly a hobbyist, but I have gotten some remarkable Dall Sheep Photos and videos because of three factors, one in no small way is your Orca , allowing confidence in flying in extreme cold. It’s well below zero at the top of these mountains where I’m able to fly. I’m flying at 4500 feet or more if needed with modifications and titan antenna for the company. "

I am getting a new Phantom 4 pro I have decided to go ahead and purchase another orca from your website
thanks for your photos Brad.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj