Smart Battery

Reaction score
If I am not going to use the Phantom 3 Standard or Advance for several days, should I remove the battery from the aircraft an store the battery in the compartment of the backpack or leave the battery in the aircraft. I have always wondered but haven't seen any posts to address this question. Thanks

If I am not going to use the Phantom 3 Standard or Advance for several days, should I remove the battery from the aircraft an store the battery in the compartment of the backpack or leave the battery in the aircraft. I have always wondered but haven't seen any posts to address this question. Thanks
It's perfectly fine to store one of your batteries in the bird.

That's how they ship it after all from the warehouse for sometimes months.

I would recommend you to take out the battery from the slot of P3 and store it separately.

Reactions: sonof40
I would recommend you to take out the battery from the slot of P3 and store it separately.
I would too if I didn't have another choice.

I travel with all my batteries spots filled and I store one always in the bird and my logic again is just that if they store them for months at the factories and the stores with one in there, it's got to be safe.

That's the only logic I'm using though. If I had an extra space, I agree with Alok, why leave it in? But if you need an extra spot for a battery, I use it.

well there ya go .. 2 in 2 out .. its totally up to your preference ,,, as long as the battery switch is not pressed in any way .. either way is safe i guess ,, i keep mine in the drone ..

I think the difference is.. on the very off chance the battery blows up... if it's separate from the P3 the P3 won't be blown up. However, the chances of a battery blowing up are extremely rare. So I'd say it's better to store it separate but not a big deal if you don't.

I think the difference is.. on the very off chance the battery blows up... if it's separate from the P3 the P3 won't be blown up. However, the chances of a battery blowing up are extremely rare. So I'd say it's better to store it separate but not a big deal if you don't.
Ahhh, but what if he stores it in the backpack and the exploding battery now not only destroys the Phantom or whatever but also the other batteries and accessories! NOOOO! JK.

;)

Is there a parasitic draw of any type from the quad? If so, I'd store outside the copter.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic