Sluggish control output, strong interference...

Reaction score
The last 2-3 times I've flown my P4, I've noticed the control output is very sluggish. I also get a message that there is strong interference in my flying area.
I've flown in the same area in the past, and never had that message before.
Could be a software issue? Or perhaps there's a problem with my drone?
Anyone else experienced this, or have any input as to what may be going on?

Well, Ive had mine for about a week now, and it does the same thing. I updated the FW, recalibrated the IMU, and compass, and it seemed to help, but I still would not fly one these phantoms 4s more then 3 or 400 feet away from me.

I haven't been able to do much more testing after the updates because of the snow, but like I said, the one test did show some progress, but to soon to tell. So I don't know.

Out of the box it would spite out a warning about magnetic interference and slip in to ATTI mode. I also got warnings about the drone having to cross a no fly zone upon returning home, as well as high wind warnings.

I can take my XSP to the same field and fly out 3 or 4000 feet, and it will zing back like a boomerang.

Well, Ive had mine for about a week now, and it does the same thing. I updated the FW, recalibrated the IMU, and compass, and it seemed to help, but I still would not fly one these phantoms 4s more then 3 or 400 feet away from me.

I haven't been able to do much more testing after the updates because of the snow, but like I said, the one test did show some progress, but to soon to tell. So I don't know.

Out of the box it would spite out a warning about magnetic interference and slip in to ATTI mode. I also got warnings about the drone having to cross a no fly zone upon returning home, as well as high wind warnings.

I can take my XSP to the same field and fly out 3 or 4000 feet, and it will zing back like a boomerang.
Beings its that new....id take it back and get a exchange......If you contact Dji and get a return number...you have to pack it up and send it to them...it might take quite a while to get it back....Just exchange it for a another one......well thats my 2 cents worth.

Beings its that new....id take it back and get a exchange......If you contact Dji and get a return number...you have to pack it up and send it to them...it might take quite a while to get it back....Just exchange it for a another one......well thats my 2 cents worth.

I think it's fixed now after the IMU and compass cal. It flew pretty dam smooth. I just haven't been able to do any more test because of the weather. I bought it as a refurb, but it came brand new. The old FW leads me to believe it sat in a warehouse for a long time. I think they get knock around a lot, and god only no what happens during shipping. So it's reasonable that it would need a full setup.

I think that quick start guide is silly. So many people will just pull these things out of the box and start flying. Then when it flys away they scream like hell. Mine tried that LOL, but I was in a big enough open area to commands it's but right back to the ground. Like I said, yes I was excited and wanted to fly it, but I wouldn't put it up over 130 feet or more then 400 feet away from me. There will be a little more testing before I do that.

It does float though the air like butter now. With the FW update, IMU and compass cal, that made a HUGE difference. I just don't recommended pulling these out of the box and sending them out 3000 feet.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
The last 2-3 times I've flown my P4, I've noticed the control output is very sluggish. I also get a message that there is strong interference in my flying area.
I've flown in the same area in the past, and never had that message before.
Could be a software issue? Or perhaps there's a problem with my drone?
Anyone else experienced this, or have any input as to what may be going on?

When's the last time you did a IMU, Gimble, and Compass calibration?

Thanks for the replies. The compass, IMU and gimble were calibrated after a hiatus of about 5 months...I also performed a software update. Afterwards, I flew it and it gave me the interference message and I noticed the sluggish control response. I've flown it twice since then and it the sluggishness is still there. I will calibrate the remote and see if that solves the issue.
The drone was purchased back in December of 2016...flown more than a dozen times in the following months. I put it away for a few months and when I pulled it out and performed the aforementioned update and calibrations, then took it out for a flight...it was then the problems arose.
I will keep everyone posted.

I have had the same issue with my p4 if you recalabrate it in a open area it should fix the issue and reurbished drones are so good thats what mine is, best of luck fly safe

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik