Slow Motion

Reaction score
I do fly a P4 , But this is a Question about a Q-500 that I flew the other day.When I got
home to look at the video it was in slow motion. I don't know why. Any one out there
have any suggestions?? I did post this on the yuneec forum too, But I think there are
more people on this.THANKS

Reactions: TheRemoteDude
Maybe recordering in 120 FPS Ed ? It I am not familiar with that aircraft you were flying though so just a thought.

I do fly a P4 , But this is a Question about a Q-500 that I flew the other day.When I got
home to look at the video it was in slow motion. I don't know why. Any one out there
have any suggestions?? I did post this on the yuneec forum too, But I think there are
more people on this.THANKS

This sometime happens depending on the Codec that is being used on your computer.
I use the mac computer and Quicktime sometimes plays my 60 FPS in slow automatically for me.

So than I jump to and app called IINA and it plays it fine.
Than when I bring it back into Final Cut X , plays it back on fine.

My sony camera 6500 plays slow out of the camera
But the Lumix does not.

Dont think its an issue with the drone but the codec your using to play the video.

Phantomrain.org
coal

Usually, a lot of cameras (including the RED cinema cameras, or my GH4) include an option to record at a high speed framerate and convert it automatically to 24 FPS, so you get the footage directly slowed down.

With the Phantom, you get this option with 120 FPS, but If you’re a pro, that footage will be normally unusable. Is less sharp than the rest of the options because forces the processing of the camera to save more FPS than it is capable of, so the compression is too high, thing that doesn’t happens with high end cameras.

Maybe this happened to you. With the Phantom, as I said, only happens when shooting 120 FPS, but maybe the Q500 does it in every framerate above the base of 24, 25 or 30.

Fact about the Phantom @ 120 fps. Compression is awful. Not commercial grade imaging at all. Looking forward to my Inspire 2 as I like the way the Phantoms fly, and their wonderful for learning on but the cameras are not very good for most commercial work. Soon to be rectified!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl