Slow down controls

BVC

Reaction score
Anyone know how to slow down the phantom? I adjusted the sensitivity (expo I believe it's called) to make for smoother moves however I often have an issue with the bird moving too fast at times.

I'd like to reduce the overall speed of the bird down 50%. sometimes I am going in for a shot and trying to get that sideways curve around an object I find I'm moving too fast.

There's videos for dampers on youtube. 3d printing and elastic bands.. Seems to work well.

there is no option in the app to set maximum to 50 %
all you can do, as you did, is to set all expo values to minimum, so slow input from RC will have minimum effect on the bird

or you can take RC apart and put there some resistors

for that nice sideways curve, you can use Point of Interest mode, where you can set radius, altitude, direction and speed

Talk to this guy. He makes the dampers that SPA just mentioned. I have a set on the way to me now. Looking forward to checking it ou. He is also here in the forum from time to time too.

My Drone Stuff

There's videos for dampers on youtube. 3d printing and elastic bands.. Seems to work well.

I'll check it out. Seems like a cheap tryout..

there is no option in the app to set maximum to 50 %
all you can do, as you did, is to set all expo values to minimum, so slow input from RC will have minimum effect on the bird

or you can take RC apart and put there some resistors

for that nice sideways curve, you can use Point of Interest mode, where you can set radius, altitude, direction and speed

I have used point of interest mode and that works well for the most part. But sometimes during my shots I don't have enough time to do that setup or sometimes a more dramatic shot is required that ties into moves that a point of interest can't handle.

I do plan on trying the modes more now that have some practice using them!

Talk to this guy. He makes the dampers that SPA just mentioned. I have a set on the way to me now. Looking forward to checking it ou. He is also here in the forum from time to time too.

My Drone Stuff

Going to check it out!! Please write up a review when you can!

Reactions: Gary M

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl