Slightly heavy landing!

Reaction score
Following a slightly heavy landing the gimbal motors seem to have come slightly apart. The bigger one had parted all together and the smaller one looks as though it's mo bed slightly?

Looking at the pictures, should they go further on, if so is it just a case of bit of pressure, push them together???

IMG_6500.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: dronesky
That dont look good never heard of this before usually they break off from ones i seen hope someone can advise you on what to do

The other problem that when powered up, the gimbal makes the usual "tune" but nothing moves :oops:

I
The other problem that when powered up, the gimbal makes the usual "tune" but nothing moves :oops:
I 'm afraid it is going to need repaired sounds like it broke I had one like that had to replace flat cable & repair gimbal motors & 1 arm was slightly bent so had it replaced to I had everything done plus checked main board to see if it messed it up any cost was $175.00 total

Just measured mine, on a Pro, with calipers, not spot on as I had no faces to butt them against but the measurements should be reasonably close, oh sorry both motors had the same 'gaps'.
I can't tell where the warble originates but have you checked the connections from the drone to the top housing on the gimbal. There are two on the Pro and Adv, I don't know about the std or 4k.
The pitch shaft and rotor shouldn't be able to move very far as the shaft is 'secured' to the camera body by a screw.

Attachments

• IMG_6500.jpg
    IMG_6500.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 288
Last edited by a moderator:
Just had the gimbal assy off and both cables are secure. There is a slight kink in the black ribbon cable.

Also, when powered up the gimbal gives three beeps, pause, three beeps all the time???

IMG_6502.jpg

Last edited:
Following a slightly heavy landing the gimbal motors seem to have come slightly apart. The bigger one had parted all together and the smaller one looks as though it's mo bed slightly?

Looking at the pictures, should they go further on, if so is it just a case of bit of pressure, push them together???

View attachment 114368

I find your use of the term "slightly" rather gratuitous....<;^)

Good luck with the repair.

D

It was one of those silly situations where, in hind sight, I could probably have caught the drone as it fell out of the tree!
I looked at a previous POI I did of the same tree and then I was about ten feet higher which was enough to clear the offending tree, plus, after a year the branches had also probably grown a few more inches!
Oh well, thank goodness for insurance!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.