Skip 1.1.9?

Reaction score
It's coming today!
My big question is whether I should just wait for the next firmware update given all the disconnect bugs? I don't mind it disconnecting for the app cuz I've been flying UAVs for a while and I'm a bit of an old school flyer who likes to keep the rig in visual line of site. But these rumours of it disconnecting from the RC really scare me. Should I just wait till 1.2.0? I'll be running this with a Nex7ii.
Thx

I flew with 1.1.9. Didn't have a baseline to compare against, but it flew wonderfully. Other than my own ineptitude of course, the phantom itself was great.

I noticed on nexus 7 II , i started getting lag spikes when in flight every 3 seconds, if im at home, not flying i don't get any but in flight i do, exactly every 3 seconds the screen lag for .5 sec and come back to normal for 3 sec, do you nexus 7 II guys get that also ?

My P3A arrived on Tuesday and to my surprise already had 1.1.9 on it. So you may not get a choice.
That said I've had a fair few flights now and have experienced no problems at all.

I've not had any issues with 1.1.9. You get the reports of problems with any update, quadcopter related or not so I wouldn't necessarily skip an update.

It is my understanding that you cannot "skip" updates. In other words, you will not be able to install the NEXT update until you update your Phantom with 1.9.

The only times I have had disconnections are when I don't turn off wifi on my Nexus9. RTH has kicked in twice. The first time I watched it RTH almost to landing and was very happy with the performance. The second time I turned off wifi, cancelled RTH and continued my flight. That was on 1.1.8.

It's not a P2, don't treat it like one.

It's coming today!
My big question is whether I should just wait for the next firmware update given all the disconnect bugs? I don't mind it disconnecting for the app cuz I've been flying UAVs for a while and I'm a bit of an old school flyer who likes to keep the rig in visual line of site. But these rumours of it disconnecting from the RC really scare me. Should I just wait till 1.2.0? I'll be running this with a Nex7ii.
Thx
No disconnections so far nor other bugs with this new firmware (or older). Also you have the failsafe options (RTH or landing) if you lose RC signal. I recommend RTH with a proper height setting. No need to "skip" a firmware (you will have to install it before the next firmaware anyhow).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic