Simplistic overview

Reaction score
Hi all
Apologies as I realise the reply to my question will be easily available here but I am debating whether to buy (mad impluse) a Mavic Pro and a pair of Goggles in two hours time to take on holiday with me.

How easy will it be to control the Mavic Pro using just the Goggles and the controller for a newbie ? I have a lot of experience on a Phantom 1 but realise things have moved on a lot since. Specifically can I manage and control the whole flight from take off to landing using just the Goggles ? Is all the flight telemetry overlaid on the screen ?

Hi all
Apologies as I realise the reply to my question will be easily available here but I am debating whether to buy (mad impluse) a Mavic Pro and a pair of Goggles in two hours time to take on holiday with me.

How easy will it be to control the Mavic Pro using just the Goggles and the controller for a newbie ? I have a lot of experience on a Phantom 1 but realise things have moved on a lot since. Specifically can I manage and control the whole flight from take off to landing using just the Goggles ? Is all the flight telemetry overlaid on the screen ?
Yip can take off goggles and have all telemetry, for some fpv makes you bit sic like motion sickness and can take some getting used to,some no problems,I get bit funny still and just give them to whoever next to me now,lot of coin for something that makes you sic,if you can fly just by watching your phone or tablet you should be ok,,but things to me seem closer than they were,so pays to flick goggles up and check surroundings,,,,I love those impulse buys
English,
Yes can take off and land
Can control whole flight
All info onscreen like similar to app

Last edited by a moderator:
How easy will it be to control the Mavic Pro using just the Goggles and the controller for a newbie?
It's as easy as looking at a mobile device while flying. The downside is that you cannot easily look up at your drone to see where it's located and/or if there are any obstacles around it.

Specifically can I manage and control the whole flight from take off to landing using just the Goggles?
While possible, I don't like taking off or landing using the goggles since it's not possible to see anything outside of where the camera is pointed. The DJI Goggles can be easily flipped up while wearing them, so that would be an option if you also want to use your eyes to take off and/or land.

Is all the flight telemetry overlaid on the screen ?
Check out this video to see what's displayed on the screen in the goggles:

It's just the same as you put your mobile device directly in front of your eyes and protect the side gap from the light.
But - you must always have one eye on the bird as we say when flying. The screen picture doesn't provide a realistic distance from the objects and of course you can't see anything around the drone. If the picture on your mobile is bright enough (like that one at P4P+), than there is no need for goggles at all. The main problem with mobile devices is screen visibility in bright sunny weather.
In general I would use goggles only when I'm at least 30 m above the tallest obstacles around the flight territory. Using the goggles it would be pure luck to see the drone at 200-300 m distance after you take the goggles off. And that's the main reason why I do not use goggles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav