Silly me?

Reaction score
I am a newbie to both drones and to DJI. I purchased a P4PV2.0 and thought buying a DJI CrystalSky monitor to use with the DJI drone and remote was a no brainer. Well....I was wrong. I am very willing to admit to user error, but after having my set-up for two weeks and not being able to get it off the ground to fly has been very frustrating. I have gotten LAANC approval every time via my iPhone, but it seems that the authorization is not being received by the CrystalSky monitor. I continually get 'User Authentication Failed' when trying to Self-Unlock. Since having so much trouble with the monitor, I decided to try another 'monitor' and used my Kindle Fire HD 10. To my surprised, it worked perfectly!

Why did the Kindle Fire work and the DJI CrystalSky did not? Any advise on how to get the CrystalSky to work (before selling it!) would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance and pardon me if this has been discussed in detail before. If it has, please send me the link so that I can read and attempt to fix my issue.

Grace & Peace,

B

The LAANC had nothing to do with your monitor. If you can't fly you probably need a DJI Unlock, or DJI Custom Unlock. I had to to that with a model airplane airfield in Class D Airspace that had a permanent FAA exemption. DJI thought otherwise. Check it out on YouTube. Quite easy.

Reactions: BishopAirX
I am a newbie to both drones and to DJI. I purchased a P4PV2.0 and thought buying a DJI CrystalSky monitor to use with the DJI drone and remote was a no brainer. Well....I was wrong. I am very willing to admit to user error, but after having my set-up for two weeks and not being able to get it off the ground to fly has been very frustrating. I have gotten LAANC approval every time via my iPhone, but it seems that the authorization is not being received by the CrystalSky monitor. I continually get 'User Authentication Failed' when trying to Self-Unlock. Since having so much trouble with the monitor, I decided to try another 'monitor' and used my Kindle Fire HD 10. To my surprised, it worked perfectly!

Why did the Kindle Fire work and the DJI CrystalSky did not? Any advise on how to get the CrystalSky to work (before selling it!) would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance and pardon me if this has been discussed in detail before. If it has, please send me the link so that I can read and attempt to fix my issue.

Grace & Peace,

B
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

From my perspective, the problem with the CS monitors is that there as not been an update in several years. They are plagued by the "Google Services have stopped working" popup that has to be dismissed every 10 seconds, even if you FORCE it to stop in 'Apps.' I find it frustrating that DJI charges so much for these and then had left them to rot on the vine while we struggle to use them without tremendous frustration.

From my perspective, the problem with the CS monitors is that there as not been an update in several years. They are plagued by the "Google Services have stopped working" popup that has to be dismissed every 10 seconds, even if you FORCE it to stop in 'Apps.' I find it frustrating that DJI charges so much for these and then had left them to rot on the vine while we struggle to use them without tremendous frustration.
I don't have that problem. Other than the firmware not being updated in a good while it works fine. Many of updates really don't apply to the CS and my P4A. So I don't understand what all the complaints are for no updates.

Reactions: snowghost
Thanks to all who provided support and advice mentally and telepathically....I was able to figure it out. Had to get on my laptop, log into DJI FlySafe and choose the location(s) I wanted to unlock...AFTER having to enter in controller serial number, drone model, and pilot information. I now think that I am good to go.

@rtcook : So I don't understand what all the complaints are for no updates. This was never a thread complaining about an update (never mentioned update in my post). I was merely expressing my frustration at spending the amount of money I did for a product that I could not use. If you didn't have that problem, Good for you Bro...rock on!, I'm happy for you. But everyone (apparently when it comes to CS monitors) has not had your good fortune.

I did not imply you were complaining. Just was mentioning there seems to be alot of comments about CS not being updated. Its at end of life if you ask me. What I have works and don't expect any more out of it. Glad you fixed your issue.

Reactions: BishopAirX
My crystalsky crashes in mid flight sometimes. Or the Go4 app crashes. I let it hover and reboot.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic