Signal range P3S

Reaction score
Hi,has anyone ever tried any other type of antenna for the 5.8GHz transmission other than the argtek.ive seen a few different types on Amazon and eBay. Just wandered if these would work.and is the higher dBi mean better range. Thanks.

Hi,has anyone ever tried any other type of antenna for the 5.8GHz transmission other than the argtek.ive seen a few different types on Amazon and eBay. Just wandered if these would work.and is the higher dBi mean better range. Thanks.
I have the Itelite version. I went with it based on the feedback I found from both Argteck and Iteltie users. Itelite seemed to be getting better range.

I installed the Argtek mod, but replaced the antennas with Alfa's 2.4, 7dBi and an Aomway double diamond on the 5.8

My max distance is 4.2km

Reactions: Wagglyleopard40
I installed the 4hawks range extender on my P3 Std and got over a mile with some signal left in an urban setting.
FYI... it will be different flying with a range extender. You will have to keep the controller pointed directly at the drone. When you’re a mile out, just a little movement of the controller will make a difference in signal strength. I found myself looking at the signal meters more than at the screen enjoying the view.

I recently upgraded to a used Mavic Pro and was flying past that distance with full signal and not worrying about how my controller was pointing.

Much more enjoyable flight experience.

My recommendation would be to put that money towards an upgraded drone instead of a range extender that won’t get you the stock distance of the upgraded drone.

I sold my P3 standard and now fly the Mavic. Best thing I ever did ?

higher dB means better range but you have to be more accurate with pointing the antenna at the aircraft.
It's like a torch beam, with the head off the torch light shines everywhere, this is like a low gain (low dB) antenna.
put the head on the torch and focus it into a tight spot with a lens and you only get light in one spot, you have to aim the torch, this is like a high gain (high dB) antenna.

I used Argtek and my P3S range open field went from 700m to over 2400m ... in residential areas I went from 200 / 300m to near 1000m. Sometimes more.

Main area with any modification is to make sure those tiny plugs are really home inside the controller.

I then added 2W boosters to the 2.4Ghz ... and later a 2W booster to the 5.8Ghz ... then due to a faulty connector on the 5.8 booster - swapped to double reflector on the antenna .... ALL these gave me over 5000m ....

My days with the P3S ended when I went over 6000m and on return ran out of battery and she went for a swim. I salvaged it - but it was kaput !

I then replaced with a P3P and never looked back. The P3S gave up its motors to a 450 Quad.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4