Show your photography .

My birds.

MP.jpg
PP.jpg

Took my P4 out on my boat for the first time yesterday. I’m doing some work with another youtuber (has a fishing channel) and getting some shots for my fishing IG and YT. Got two flights in without a single issue.

27274962-45AC-4FE3-8314-A608DF25BA45.jpeg

Took my P4 out on my boat for the first time yesterday. I’m doing some work with another youtuber (has a fishing channel) and getting some shots for my fishing IG and YT. Got two flights in without a single issue.

View attachment 96513
Really nice shot and conversion! Did you launch and retrieve it from your boat? How was the process if you did?

Reactions: OOO

View attachment 96513
Using downriggers? What were you fishing for?

On your P4, if you set the home point to the controller, will it go to the controller if RTH kicks in? On my P3 that doesn't happen. HP is wherever you set it even if you set it to the controller...

Reactions: Shoemaker
Using downriggers? What were you fishing for?

On your P4, if you set the home point to the controller, will it go to the controller if RTH kicks in? On my P3 that doesn't happen. HP is wherever you set it even if you set it to the controller...

I set the P4 to hover if connection was lost. I’ve never tried the return to controller function. I initialized it on the boat like normal. I then had my buddy hold it above his head and I launched. I hand caught it for the landing.

We were salmon fishing. Springers are just starting to run! We use Protrolls and Flashers with either spinners or cut plug herring. Usually use 6-12 oz weights. I think we had 8 & 10’s yesterday. No downriggers.

Good move to set to hover!
Pretty hefty weights, I guess that's why it looked like on a downrigger. I troll for stripers using 1 oz weights, usually only 20' deep...

I’m no photographer
...are you open to offers of suggestions on improving your photography skills? If you are, just let people know in your posts please...and if you don't mind one for your photo here, can I suggest trying the following if you take similar ones in the future - try having the horizon further up the image, by panning down a bit more....the image usually improves because there is less empty space, more content/interest to look at, and looks much less split in half. Try googling rule of thirds to find examples of how this can work well ...(I could go into it a bit here, but there's lots of info out there). cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic