Show off your Phantom 3 Videos

Just went driving around today looking for stuff to film...found a bridge under construction.

iahphantom: Great video. What area was this filmed? I'm assuming it's flooding around those parts. Also, how did you insert the distance meters into the video?

iahphantom: Great video. What area was this filmed? I'm assuming it's flooding around those parts. Also, how did you insert the distance meters into the video?

This was near the NE houston area. I used Final Cut Pro to overlay a screen recording.

Are you using an iPad as your mobile device? If you are, are you using the Shou app? For some reason, I can't get it to install. It would be nice to record the screen of the pilot app.

Are you using an iPad as your mobile device? If you are, are you using the Shou app? For some reason, I can't get it to install. It would be nice to record the screen of the pilot app.
Using a galaxy note 4

Pitched in for our high school graduating seniors today. Squint and you'll see an Inspire that was flying front of me and was the source of the last clip.

Reactions: woobisah
Pitched in for our high school graduating seniors today. Squint and you'll see an Inspire that was flying front of me and was the source of the last clip.

I like this a lot! It's short but very effective. I think many of us (me very much included) make our videos too long.

Chris

I think many of us (me very much included) make our videos too long.

Chris

Thanks. It's tough to cut exciting footage sometimes, but can be hard to watch when videos "drone" on. With my first P2, I made a video of my daughter figure skating alone on a pond. I hardly cut anything and it was 5+ min long. I thought it was the best thing ever. It was found online by GoPro and they asked to use the footage for marketing (which was, obviously, really cool!). I learned a lesson from them when they took all 8-10 minutes I sent them, the whole flight, and turned it in to the perfect 45 sec piece. Told the story much better than I did.

Maiden voyage of Skeeter III (P3Pro), my fourth Phantom (still have the others except for the P1 (sold)!

This is pretty much the entire flight, plus some fluff in the beginning (the real flight stuff starts at 2:38). Yeah. It's a long form movie, but I do these LPs for me to document my hobby and analyze flights...Tomorrows flight will be edited for time, now that I see what I need to see!

Did all my static tests bench tests. Was time to FLY!

Very impressed with all the flight characteristics and app. Then controller, not so much. I guess I'll get used to it but the Futaba 14SG, with Ianwoods brilliant P2 profile spoiled me..Sure would be nice to add gimbal auto-tilt to the programmable switches!

No discernible jello and quite decent color characteristics from the camera. Shot this in 1080p 60fps, log. Edited/Graded in Sony Vegas Pro 13 (the log color is much easier than GoPro Protune to work with, IMHO). Just did some white balance and levels, with light sharpening added. Shot it at -1.7EV...maybe -1.7 is too much, but I didn't want to blow out the AZ sky. Pulled up nicely, though!

The inset is screen recorded on the Nexus 7 (2013) and stutters quite a bit. Might be taxing the tablet a tad. I dropped the Lightbridge bitrate to 4mbps...didn't seem to help much. The DJI app crashed at 14:08. Easy enough to recover, but somewhat alaming when it happens. Gotta work on that...Oughta root the tab...irks me that you can't uninstall all the Google crapware.....grrr.

Sure do miss Home Lock!

OK. On with the show...N-Joy!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures