Show off your Cases!!

Here is my phantompak. Well, it's a product of my company now but the original motivation was from a trip I took In Africa in 2014 w/ my P2. I had a hard time putting all my range extending antennas, prop guards, harness, charger, and the drone itself into a carry-on luggage. I was so pissed off so when I got back to the states I started to design my own backpack. The idea is to put as much as stuff in a backpack. Almost all the cases/packs out there use pre-cut foam core, which really wasted a lot of room. So what I did was to use "divider" walls kinda like the stock paper core. The walls are made of EVA and also work as structural support. Took me almost a year to get the final product. We've been making motorcycle touring luggage for 10 years and all the knowledge and resource made this possible. It'll fit all phantoms 1 to 3. Check it out. It's probably the most accommodating one out there. EVA shell and all.

View attachment 40375 View attachment 40376 View attachment 40377
the only problem I see with this case and I have seen it whilst researching on my own, anyway the problem is the batteries are just left to bounce around, there should be a spot dedicated for each battery. That is why I ruled this case out and have decided to go with the Go Professional or Drone Crates Backpacks.

Reactions: Reed L
HPRC 2700, love it, great quality and a roller....
case1.jpg

case2.jpg
Can you link to where you purchased? I can't find any with the custom foam you have.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sinisalo
IMG_1246.JPG
It's way to heavy and bulky plus you won't have a place to carry food or water. The HPRC case itself can hold everything including all of your accessories at home. Just take out what you need to fly and put it into a softer travel backpack. This way you can leave, chargers, prop balancers, DeoxIt, and the other stuff at home or in the car. I would rather have a hardshell that holds everything in one place for storage and then use a back pack for hiking that will also carry the extra gear that I need like water, lunch, etc.. That's why I modified mine to hold everything. And it looks different today with a couple more cut outs.

Reactions: Sinisalo
Size matters!

Newbie here. Just got my P3A last week. So far I'm loving it!

I have read this thread and still have a question... I would like to find the smallest soft backpack that fits my needs..

My main mission is having something small and light to easily carry daily for fun stuff and occasionally a trip via airline. For the latter, it would strictly be carry on (but I still would like GOOD protection)

Here are my requirements:
Fits a Phantom 3 Adv (with removable prop guards) and remote.
Good quality construction
At least 1, but preferably 2 extra batteries
Charger
Extra props
Lanyard
Small misc items
It doesn't necessarily need to hold my iPad mini.

Thanks!
Tom

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Stick a phantom in the inspire pro case and you will be adding foam.
I don't want to put the phantom in the Inspire case, if you click the link you will see that the product is a system to add backpack straps to the case. Since something like the nanuk cases with wheels is rather large I thought you could possibly use the product to turn them into a backpack as well. I already settled on the dronecrates backpack though and it is amazing.

Size matters!

I have read this thread and still have a question... I would like to find the smallest soft backpack that fits my needs..

My main mission is having something small and light to easily carry daily for fun stuff and occasionally a trip via airline. For the latter, it would strictly be carry on (but I still would like GOOD protection)

Charger
Extra props
Lanyard
Small misc items

Thanks!
Tom

Your best bet is to get one of the $50 backpacks off ebay, they are basically as small as they come.

Size matters!

Charger
Extra props
Lanyard
Small misc items

Thanks!
Tom

I think the DJI hard shell pack is pretty minimal and would carry exactly what you have listed.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z