Weatherproof case sale

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. I got an email from MCM Electronics this morning proclaiming that all their weatherproof hard-cases are on sale. I figured it was worth the mention for some of you on the fence as to whether you should spend that kinda money or not. This should make that choice a whole lot easier!

Regularly $46.99, their 22" model (which is what I use for my own P1) is currently on sale for $29.99. They have various other sizes marked down as well. Perfect time to buy some protection for those expensive toys!

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/produ...m=Email&utm_term=22-24120&utm_campaign=EMC400

(No affiliation with these guys at all, I just REALLY like the case I got from them)

Wow, THANK YOU, I'll be cashing in on this later today!!

Reactions: SilverStone641
Hey guys and gals. I got an email from MCM Electronics this morning proclaiming that all their weatherproof hard-cases are on sale. I figured it was worth the mention for some of you on the fence as to whether you should spend that kinda money or not. This should make that choice a whole lot easier!

Regularly $46.99, their 22" model (which is what I use for my own P1) is currently on sale for $29.99. They have various other sizes marked down as well. Perfect time to buy some protection for those expensive toys!

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/produ...m=Email&utm_term=22-24120&utm_campaign=EMC400

(No affiliation with these guys at all, I just REALLY like the case I got from them)

Ditto the WOW!
What a coincidence! I was just searching through the web for cases for my P1 & FC40. One of the better deals I ran across was the place you got yours SilverStone. It looked like pretty much what I wanted and at an affordable price of $46.99. I thought to myself, "hmmmm, I wonder if anybody on the PhantomPilots forum has any info about this case and company". Man I'm glad I did! You just saved me 20 bucks per case SilverStone. I bought two of them. Kinda weird because depending on how you get to that page for the case they have different prices.

Nice to be able to confirm through a member that the case works for a P1 (so should work for FC40 too). That's just ONE of the advantages of having this forum for reference and searching it! Made my day....
BOT

Last edited:
Great price and find !!! Don't need one but Silver... This ..20421.jpg .. is priceless :D

BlackOpsTeamster, Glad I could help! I should have posted this with the O, but here's a shot of my case all loaded up to give you an idea of the fit:

Drone_Case.jpg

EDIT: I was reading what BlackOps said and it seems that you get different pricing depending on how you get to the cases. Here's the master sale page that I got in my email. This shows all the case sizes they have on sale, not just the 22". Might be helpful to someone. http://www.mcmelectronics.com/conte...ium=Email&utm_term=leadin&utm_campaign=EMC400

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackOpsTeamster
BlackOpsTeamster, Glad I could help! I should have posted this with the O, but here's a shot of my case all loaded up to give you an idea of the fit:

Drone_Case.jpg

EDIT: I was reading what BlackOps said and it seems that you get different pricing depending on how you get to the cases. Here's the master sale page that I got in my email. This shows all the case sizes they have on sale, not just the 22". Might be helpful to someone. http://www.mcmelectronics.com/conte...ium=Email&utm_term=leadin&utm_campaign=EMC400

Cool! Can't wait for them to get here. Thanks for the pic too.
Next time I get to Dallas I'll buy ya a beer :D
I see in the pic that you have props off but I'm pretty sure it'll still fit with props on won't it?

Yeah, I think you can only get to the sale offering through the link you provided which is why I'm grateful you posted it! As far as the different prices I think that was probably my fault. I was just looking at the "22'" inch and not paying attention to the different heights that the 22' comes in at higher prices for a higher case. My bad.
BOT

Cool! Can't wait for them to get here. Thanks for the pic too.
Next time I get to Dallas I'll buy ya a beer :D
I see in the pic that you have props off but I'm pretty sure it'll still fit with props on won't it?

Yeah, I think you can only get to the sale offering through the link you provided which is why I'm grateful you posted it! As far as the different prices I think that was probably my fault. I was just looking at the "22'" inch and not paying attention to the different heights that the 22' comes in at higher prices for a higher case. My bad.
BOT
I initially tried storing it with the props attached, but I could see slight bulging on the top of the case and it made me nervous. I couldn't tell if it was the motor caps causing this or the props. I figured it wasn't worth risking my props to save a few minutes.

Just thought I'd revisit to update:
Got both cases ridiculously quick! I love that place, MCM. The cases are fantastic BUT I just want to remind everyone that your Phantom will NOT fit in the case I bought if you have extended landing gear attached. If you do you'll need a little higher case. I bought 2 and was thinking about using one off them for my new P1 which doesn't have extended landing gear and just selling the other one for cost ($30) on here but I like the cases so much I'm just gonna keep both of them. I still needed another case for my FC40 so after looking around found this one:
3iccuh1z598dcfl6g.jpg

It's a Stanley® Pro Mobile Chest (033026R) and can be found on Amazon, Walmart and Ace Hardware for between $45 to $55. I couldn't be HAPPIER! I like this case because I usually have to walk a ways from my truck when I fly and this thing's got WHEELS and an extendable handle so it'll be easy as heck to lug it just about anywhere. Another advantage is I can also use it as a seat or landing surface. I intend to bungee cord the smaller one on top of the Stanley. Now I have to cut and trim the foam in each case and I'll be all set!
Here's a few pics...
rcq12bbkr181rig6g.jpg

bdaai8d1af5gycz6g.jpg

x62rja24xxq96rk6g.jpg

I bought snap-on prop-guards (yeah, I know...training wheels for a quad. LOL) so the ones you see will come off. I'll post pics once I get all the foam cut and placed. I'm one:
t9cdvralgwism146g.jpg

BOT

I initially tried storing it with the props attached, but I could see slight bulging on the top of the case and it made me nervous. I couldn't tell if it was the motor caps causing this or the props. I figured it wasn't worth risking my props to save a few minutes.

Self-tightening props are so easy to on/off by hand, why not remove them? Takes all of 20s for me, no tool. Hold motors by hand.

Got my case (the 22-24160) just Friday, but haven't had time to cut the foam. I must admit, I feel like it's a tight fit and doesn't it feel like it's pressing on the phantom arms a bit? (Just tried taking all bottom foam out and setting it in there, feels like the top "egg-crate" foam is pressing down quite a bit on it). I'm going to go with it but until I use it a while and its ok, I do feel a little paranoid that its pressing hard on the shell. Now, I have the P2V+ with standard landing gear but the dimensions are pretty similar to Phantom 1 that you guys are using, right? What are your thoughts?

Other than this OCD/paranoid concern, I'm loving this case. :)

Josh

Reactions: BlackOpsTeamster
Wanted to re-visit and update the work on the Stanley Pro Mobile Chest (033026R) / FC40 case conversion project. It may not look pretty inside but it's turned out better than I thought it would for my use. I'll take utilitarian over aesthetics any day. ;) I can get EVERYTHING I need for an afternoon of flying in this thing including everything I might need to do repairs as well as spare parts. The quad that I have in it is an FC40 (with extended landing gear) but it would also accommodate a P1 and I think a P2 as well. Not sure about a P3.
1neu6uy8p35uyuq6g.jpg
mials87qcxavyax6g.jpg

It has a utility box built into the lid that that can be removed. I put quick disconnect hinges on the lid so I could take the lid completely off if I ever needed to.

si4cdcds8dsry6v6g.jpg
1cta756x49oey566g.jpg

Another thing I like is the removable utility tray inside. I put some elastic ribbon on the tray to hold my batteries and cams in place.

6ggw4d4r4bmtfcc6g.jpg
emo59ei3kt0fe3g6g.jpg

After I picked, cut and got the foam shaped the way I wanted it I sprayed it with Flexiseal rubber coating. That made the surface of the soft foam kinda crunchy LOL. Didn't like that so I slathered (is that a word? :D ) on some clear silicon caulk all over the surface. It worked great but looked like crap so I put on another coat of Flexiseal and well, I guess it don't look "too" bad.. LMAO All in all I'm pretty darn happy with it and only paid about 60 bucks for everything!
BOT

Last edited:
Reactions: markdizle
Got my case (the 22-24160) just Friday, but haven't had time to cut the foam. I must admit, I feel like it's a tight fit and doesn't it feel like it's pressing on the phantom arms a bit? (Just tried taking all bottom foam out and setting it in there, feels like the top "egg-crate" foam is pressing down quite a bit on it). I'm going to go with it but until I use it a while and its ok, I do feel a little paranoid that its pressing hard on the shell. Now, I have the P2V+ with standard landing gear but the dimensions are pretty similar to Phantom 1 that you guys are using, right? What are your thoughts?

Other than this OCD/paranoid concern, I'm loving this case. :)

Josh
hi,
how is the 22-24160 case working out for ya'? was it hard to cut the foam? i'm really thinking of buying one of these cases, seems to be the best price around. any other insight to share on this case would be awesome. have a good one. thanks.

hi,
how is the 22-24160 case working out for ya'? was it hard to cut the foam? i'm really thinking of buying one of these cases, seems to be the best price around. any other insight to share on this case would be awesome. have a good one. thanks.

Sorry for not responding sooner.

The case is great. The foam takes a little work to cut out, and some preplanning, but my view is that is well worth the money. If you want zero-work and a nice result, spend the extra on the pre-cut foam cases, but otherwise a great way to save money.

My initial concern about the height being a bit tight always bothered my paranoia, but my drone never experienced any damage from the snug fit height-wise.

I later acquired a GPC case for super cheap from a forlorn ex-phantom-owner who went flying on his boat way too soon and bumped it into the side of the boat, which sent the phantom to the bottom of the bay. (oh my, his loss my gain) So now I do use the GPC case because it is superior to the other one. But unless you come across a deal like that, I say the cheap one is a great way to save a dime.

josh

Reactions: Uhly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31