Show off your Cases!!

You'll like it a lot! I tried to get good pics of my layout to help people out with the same case to maximize the space.

Just remember to remove the altitude plug if going on trips far away from home or flying.

It's great to keep water out so I usually have mine removed all the time except when near water.

What and where is the "altitude plug"?

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1451957853.142575.jpg

Pelican 1550

Reactions: ObiDon
What and where is the "altitude plug"?

It's on the case between/behind the handle. It's pretty much a plastic screw cap that allows the pressure to regulate so the case doesn't compress or explode. It goes by many names. Pressure release valve, altitude plug (what I call it), pressure regulator, ect.

Some of the more expensive cases have an auto valve. This one on mine is manual. I usually keep it off except when near water. It's small.. maybe 1/4 bolt with a 1" plastic head.

Makes sence.
I was worried it was a device on the Phantom that I didn't know about.
:)

Some really nice setups. Thanks all for sharing. Good to get an idea of what case I want.

How well does your extender work?? What kind of range do you get?

I have the same DBS antenna and although I have not really pushed the limits as the bird is all stock but I have had no problems out as far out as 4KM as long as it is still in LOS. I do however have signal problems if I go over or behind hills at those kinds of distances.

Here are the two cases for my P2V+ and P3P. While the Storm Case is rock solid, it is bulky and the backpack I have for the P3P is carry on and apparently will fit under a Southwest seat as per one reviewer.

P2V+ in the Pelican Storm -

IMG_0514.jpg
IMG_0515.jpg

My P3P backpack.

IMG_0511.jpg

Opened up for the bird.
IMG_0513.jpg

Bird loaded and partially closed up.
IMG_0519.jpg

Controller in top compartment.

IMG_0516.jpg

iPad Mini sliding into the laptop slots.
IMG_0518.jpg

The backpack has tons of slots and places to put things.

Reactions: ObiDon and Cale262
HPRC 2700, love it, great quality and a roller....
case1.jpg

case2.jpg

I have the monitor mounted in the case.I thought if I ever wanted to make a day of it I would take a TV type stand and put it on. I also am looking at what option of power to use. I have been messing with a battery with a converter in a rolling type backpack i have. Am waiting for my HGMI to put on controler.

For power options have you ever looked into Goal Zero. You could probably build something cheaper. But if your looking to just buy it's a good way to go.

Reactions: JoeyJoe
I keep my 8 inch tablet inside the same case. So all stored together
As others have mentioned and I have put in to practice, iPad fits nicely in behind the top foam. I think the hardback is a great day-tripper but I have also just ordered a GoProfessional hard case for longer trips and air travel.

Here are the two cases for my P2V+ and P3P. While the Storm Case is rock solid, it is bulky and the backpack I have for the P3P is carry on and apparently will fit under a Southwest seat as per one reviewer.

P2V+ in the Pelican Storm -

View attachment 39716 View attachment 39717

My P3P backpack.

View attachment 39718
Opened up for the bird.
View attachment 39719
Bird loaded and partially closed up.
View attachment 39720

Controller in top compartment.

View attachment 39721

iPad Mini sliding into the laptop slots.
View attachment 39722

The backpack has tons of slots and places to put things.
How do you like the Ultimax backpack? It looks exactly like a Manfrotto one but cheaper. How is the quality? Do you think I can fit both the controller and a full size DSLR like 5D Mark III and a short lens in that top compartment?

How do you like the Ultimax backpack? It looks exactly like a Manfrotto one but cheaper. How is the quality? Do you think I can fit both the controller and a full size DSLR like 5D Mark III and a short lens in that top compartment?
I am actually quite impressed with the quality. Not the highest but far from the lowest. The seams on the straps were a concern on any lower cost case but these are done well and have some reinforcing too.

I think you could easily add a DSLR and and a short lens in there. If nothing else you could pop the lens in one of the other spaces too.

Here is what I have packed in it so far with some room to spare;

P3P, two batteries, 8 props, charger for P3P, P3P controller, iPad mini 3 cellular, MacBook Air 13", 15" Dell, various cables for all these devices and their chargers for them all plus selfie stick, The size, quality and capacity have impressed me. I have been agonizing for weeks before even buying the P3P as to what case and got it off Amazon.

Reactions: mandalay
I am actually quite impressed with the quality. Not the highest but far from the lowest. The seams on the straps were a concern on any lower cost case but these are done well and have some reinforcing too.

I think you could easily add a DSLR and and a short lens in there. If nothing else you could pop the lens in one of the other spaces too.

Here is what I have packed in it so far with some room to spare;

P3P, two batteries, 8 props, charger for P3P, P3P controller, iPad mini 3 cellular, MacBook Air 13", 15" Dell, various cables for all these devices and their chargers for them all plus selfie stick, The size, quality and capacity have impressed me. I have been agonizing for weeks before even buying the P3P as to what case and got it off Amazon.
Thanks so much for the details about it. I'll put in an order for one.

You're welcome. Be aware of how to place the Phantom inside. It goes motors to the part that touches the back and gimbal towards what is the bottom of the bag. The strap that secures the quad goes over the VPS sensors.

DJi's Hardshell Backpack - Came as part of the gift, so trying it out for awhile to see if it meets my needs.

12402072_1673482029566194_1991161730157072082_o.jpg

Reactions: ObiDon
Thoughts on hard shell backpack/case vs soft backpack? Just ordered my P3A and want a case. Problem is, my fiancé would rather me keep the costs low as that was a stretch as it was. I saw some soft backpacks for $50 on Amazon but wasn't sure if I should look for hard suitcase instead.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4