Should i upgrade to new firmware ?

Since I did the firmware update, and the DJI Pilot App, I cannot find a way to bump my image size up from 960x540 to a higher resolution. This is maddening ....

No. Period.
Im staying on 1.7.6 and will not go forward till DJI changes how they do things.

Have a P3A and have done all updates available. Never had any issues at all and don't know why people do. I am sure there are more people that have done the updates with success than has had problems, BUT it is up to you in the end. All you ever read hear is the issues not the successes. Just normal for a forum, place to vent.

I upgraded mine in March 2017 without any problems but when I upgraded to the next version P3A_FW_V01.11.0020.bin it all went wrong and now my P3Adv is useless. I didn't want to upgrade but I was forced to do it or face being grounded by DJI. I certainly didn't ask for this trouble.

My P3Adv is now going to have be sent for repair to DJI and if it comes back repaired for free I will probably sell it and buy a Mavic because I like the DJI products and trust they will do the decent thing. However, if it costs me money for the repair I shall sell it for scrap and turn to one of the up and coming manufacturers for my future purchases.

Reactions: aka1ceman
I upgraded mine in March 2017 without any problems but when I upgraded to the next version P3A_FW_V01.11.0020.bin it all went wrong and now my P3Adv is useless. I didn't want to upgrade but I was forced to do it or face being grounded by DJI. I certainly didn't ask for this trouble.

My P3Adv is now going to have be sent for repair to DJI and if it comes back repaired for free I will probably sell it and buy a Mavic because I like the DJI products and trust they will do the decent thing. However, if it costs me money for the repair I shall sell it for scrap and turn to one of the up and coming manufacturers for my future purchases.

Sorry to hear about your problems.
Just in case you are not aware.....The correct firmware upgrade file for your Phantom 3 Advanced is P3S_FW_V101.11.0020.bin and not P3A_FW_V01.11.0020.bin (The P3A bin file is for the Phantom 3 Pro and may explain why your drone was recognised as a P3 Pro model after your attempted upgrade)

Anyway, good luck with the fix.

I have not upgraded as it appears to entail risk without any user benift. It does not seem that the upgrade does anything for the user but has,however remote, the potential for agrivation.

I have not updated , it fly's records and comes back , what can an update do to better that .
Please can someone explain what i will gain by updating .

Reactions: Neon Euc
Have a P3A and have done all updates available. Never had any issues at all and don't know why people do. I am sure there are more people that have done the updates with success than has had problems, BUT it is up to you in the end. All you ever read hear is the issues not the successes. Just normal for a forum, place to vent.
I am absolutely certain that most folks have no issues doing the software updates.

But I can tell you first-hand that it sucks when an issue does occur.

Reactions: Eddie258
I have used the new upgrade now I fine my P4 won't fly more then 30,,MTS away and only 25mtrs high is there a way to fix this don't like this upgrade

My P3A is at v1.10.90 and I mostly use Litchi - absolutely 100% solid. I do have an old tablet with DJI Go v3.1.10, it connects and flies fine but I ignore any update notices (and as someone else said, updates are disabled in the Google Play store). I only use DJO Go to periodically check battery cell status.

It's really hard to find any reason why you should change anything if your P3A is working fine.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic