Should i upgrade to new firmware ?

Reaction score
Hi
I have a phantom 3 advanced with V01.10.0090 and dji go app v3.1.05 and i need to know should i upgrade to new firmware ? i saw many people has been complain about the new firmware . please help me as i receiving the message on my dji go about update . Thank you

I am no expert, but I have a P3A and have not updated anything in over a year. I fly it a lot, and have never had a problem. From reading all the stories on here, my advice is to never update/upgrade unless you are trying to solve a serious problem. Do not be lured by promises of insignificant improvements. In today's world, "New and Improved" usually means for the manufacturer or seller, not for you.

No..........

I am no expert, but I have a P3A and have not updated anything in over a year. I fly it a lot, and have never had a problem. From reading all the stories on here, my advice is to never update/upgrade unless you are trying to solve a serious problem. Do not be lured by promises of insignificant improvements. In today's world, "New and Improved" usually means for the manufacturer or seller, not for you.
Thanks for replying to my question . yes i dont have any problem just sometimes video signal is disconnected when flying over 200 ft .

Thanks for replying to my question . yes i dont have any problem just sometimes video signal is disconnected when flying over 200 ft .
And another tidbit of advice, if you are using Android. You have to go into the 'Play Store' and tell it NOT to automatically update your apps, (which is a good idea anyway) so that you don't wake up one morning to discover you have a whole new non-functional DJI GO app on your phone.

I updated mine a few days ago and haven’t seen any negative effects of the update

I updated mine a few days ago and haven’t seen any negative effects of the update
You had no probs with the new restrictions coming back?

You had no probs with the new restrictions coming back?

What do you mean restrictions?If your talking about the restrictions that happen when your not logged in I did have to restart the app after changing the batteries with the remote still connected to the tablet to remove those on the second flight. Other than that I haven’t noticed anything else.

What do you mean restrictions?If your talking about the restrictions that happen when your not logged in I did have to restart the app after changing the batteries with the remote still connected to the tablet to remove those on the second flight. Other than that I haven’t noticed anything else.
I mean that "yuge" numbers of people are reporting here that that the restrictikns either will not go away at all or they return over and over agin.

I mean that "yuge" numbers of people are reporting here that that the restrictikns either will not go away at all or they return over and over agin.

I haven’t experienced that problem yet but maybe in time I may run into issues

Reactions: JoBe
I fly a Phantom 3 pro. I have had my system since December 20215 and continue to perform upgrades as they are available. I am commercially rated and have yet to see anything negative when flying with the latest upgrades.

Ignore any DJI GO message requesting to update aircraft, remote control and batteries firmware, is my warm, friendly, disinterested suggest!

Hi
I have a phantom 3 advanced with V01.10.0090 and dji go app v3.1.05 and i need to know should i upgrade to new firmware ? i saw many people has been complain about the new firmware . please help me as i receiving the message on my dji go about update . Thank you
Big NO

Hi

I had a perfectly good P3Adv until I upgraded to the P3A_FW_V01.11.0020 firmware. Now it's toast!

After my first firmware upgrade of the P3A_FW_V01.11.0020 version, DJI Go recognised it as a P3Pro and wouldn't give me any video output. So I had to reinstall it again but this time it failed to load the software properly and just made an unusual two-tone bleep for 45 minutes. Eventually, I had to stop the process and it just does that all the time now; on one occasion I left it updating for two hours while it made this noise.

I have looked online and tried all the various reset processes shown on Youtube; I also contacted DJI but after a few emails, they eventually concluded that it needs to be sent back to them for an "unspecified cost of repair". I am furious because I only upgraded to this after we were warned that DJI was going to ground those who didn't upgrade so I can see this happening again and again.

I will have to send it back to them because I have no choice and can't do anything else with it other than sell it for scrap value. Everything now rests on the cost of the repair, because if they fix it free then I will be satisfied that at least they support their customers so I will sell it to buy a Mavic. However, if the repair costs me money, I will sell it to buy something else from another manufacturer because the competition appears to have improved and doesn't seem to require regular, risky, updates for the maps.

NOOOO! Both my cousin and I have had nothing but problems since updating firmware. The video back to ipad connected to the controller is now useless. Mostly a green or black screen with an occasional half screen of frozen video. We are not the only ones, I saw dozens and dozens of the same issues from others. I wrote DJI and have recieved NO reply. The new firmware is full of bugs.

Reactions: Paul Wingfield
Have a P3A and have done all updates available. Never had any issues at all and don't know why people do. I am sure there are more people that have done the updates with success than has had problems, BUT it is up to you in the end. All you ever read hear is the issues not the successes. Just normal for a forum, place to vent.

i have a p3a and always do updates and never have problems. maybe its the way i fly or hold my mouth or stand on one foot , or , or ,or well you get my drift. wait i didnt mean drift no not drift. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20