Should I Update Stock Firmware?

Reaction score
I received my Phantom 1.1.1 4 days ago & it has been running flawlessly so far. I can't believe how great this thing flies! I still have the stock firmware (2.20) installed. Should I update to the latest (I think it's 4.02)? I have read people having issues with some of the updates and I don't want to ruining my perfectly running Phantom. The guy at my local hobby store used the old saying "If it's not broken don't fix it" which is something I have always believed in as well. However, if there are benefits to the latest update then by all means I will do the update...

Thanks!

I agree the 1.1.1 is a great flying machine. Everytime I get one in for repair I get a huge smile because it so awesome.

Me personally I would upgrade to the latest firmware.

Thanks for the reply...but what are the benefits of upgrading and are you running an upgraded 1.1.1? Like I said I have NO issues so far. I did buy a inexpensive gimbal from Amazon that I plan on installing. But it seems the stock firmware has all that I need to run it.

I would suggest not doing the update.

If you are still on the fence, let this go for a bit. I'll find some folks to back me up on this. ;)

I would suggest not doing the update.

If you are still on the fence, let this go for a bit. I'll find some folks to back me up on this. ;)

To be honest this is what I have read about updating. I guess a few of the problems with the P1 are because of the update. I've learned my lesson many times dealing with smart phones & tablets...as well as Windows machines...that just because there is an update available it doesn't mean you SHOULD update or that you need to update. But being new to the Phantom I want to check with those of you with more experience first...

Thanks!

I would say if everything is working well, then let it be. I have 4 phantoms currently (Don't ask why my wife is in deep and likes flying now as much as I do:rolleyes:) but I only updated the firmware on mine and not her's. I cannot explain why her quad is just overall better than mine in terms of aquiring satellite signals, etc. It just is so as long as everything is working I'll leave it alone. There are no new updates for the phantom 1 or FC 40 to my knowledge,but even if there were I would only upgrade the one phantom that I updated just to test. Not everyone has that luxury but I will stick to the leave well alone rule with the others are they are working extremely well.

You probably already have the latest firmware on your Phantom. 4.02 is the latest. The assistant software is 2.20.

You're welcome!
Screenshot 2015-05-19 20.16.40.png

Reactions: mikespe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31