Should I update Precise Fly Database update...

I gave it a try and worked first time..
I read so many articles on how many people had so many issues.. Beginner's luck
Def... like the site

I and many have continued to hit ignore so that the newer geo2 restrictions don’t interfere with my commercial work that is perfectly legal per sectionals but where dji says they aren’t.

I’d never update anything unless not doing so grounds your drone. Then I’d definitely try Litchi to see if it allows you to continue. I’m delaying buying the DJI goggles until I can verify that upgrading their firmware does not allow DJI to force an upgrade on your my drone or RC firmware. I just don’t trust DJI after the trouble I’ve had and in reading on the various forums about firm problems and restrictions.

Good luck
Jim
WA5TEF

Reactions: White Shadow
I’d never update anything unless not doing so grounds your drone. Then I’d definitely try Litchi to see if it allows you to continue. I’m delaying buying the DJI goggles until I can verify that upgrading their firmware does not allow DJI to force an upgrade on your my drone or RC firmware. I just don’t trust DJI after the trouble I’ve had and in reading on the various forums about firm problems and restrictions.

Good luck
Jim
WA5TEF
I purchased googles and updated the firmware on the P4P+ ( I’m like you -I don’t update anything unless I absolute have to) and it’s still asking me to download ‘fly safe.’
Which I ignore. I did get too close to a local airport, class D airspace- and the drone would not launch. This was a while back, so there is a version of ‘fly safe’’ in there already

Malone, I’ve not heard of Precise Fly database. Can you post what it is for? I’ve not seen it pop up on Litchi.

Thanks
Jim
WA5TEF

Litchi is far superior to any flying I’ve seen. It has a Mission Hub mode that allows you to design waypoint missions and have them appear on the Litchi app on phone or tablet! Amazing feature! Also has FPV, Focus, Orbit, Pano, and Track. The use is similar to GO 4 so very easy to learn. It will also auto upload your flights plus all the data to Airdata!

It’ll be the best $24.00 you spend on drones. Next best are the $13.00 or so for a set of Windsurfers from Amazon!

Give Litchi a try!
Jim
WA5TEF

I would not update it it killed mine I cant use it at all due to the flight restrictions Geo is a joke still waiting for an unlock

James264. Sorry about your DJI problems. Keep us posted on how you make out? I’d give Litchi a try. You’d be out $24.00 or so but it might work.

Good luck
Jim
WA5TEF

I tried GO 4 just to see the warning. It clearly said the update was required but yet there was the option to not do it. I wonder how long that will be allowed. I only use GO 4 for calibration and such as I only fly with Litchi which I find superior in every way. I have been using Litchi fir over two years without any required upgrades or crashing problems. DJI GO frequently crashed and disconnected on every flight. Litchi solved this completely and still performs perfectly on my V 2.0.

Good luck with upgrades if you try them.
Jim
WA5TEF

Philsmith76 is 100% correct. Check the map first. I did the update and my drone was lockedout from flying at my house. I live in the country but because of proximity to a local airport I have to maintain 100 foot ceiling, but the new update locked me down completely.

I thought eventually, you will be forced to updated the database? You can bypass the message for a while.

DJIgo4 can only see that a update is needed when DJIgo4 can reach a server, so leaving your iPhone or android in airplane mode would keep DJIgo4 from checking as I understand it. I also no longer update DJIGO4, with a iPhone, you can't go backwards, but you can turn on no auto updates. (No way to just keep DJIGO4 from updating and allow other apps to update).

I assume the no fly database works the same way.

Paul C

Here’s my view for what it’s worth, if it’s not broken don’t fix it. I have not updated mine and don’t plan to. Every time I update the firmware I have nothing but hiccups, hence I’m not even using the most current firmware on my founta here’s my view for what it’s worth, if it’s not broken don’t fix it. I have not updated mine and don’t plan to. Every time I update the firmware I have nothing but hiccups, hence I’m not even using the most current firmware on my Phantom. Good luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing