Should I return my Phantom 3 Advanced and buy a Mavic Pro?

In the EU, you are allowed to return the product, without stating the reason, even if you have used it, and it is still good as new. The return period varies with retailers, places like IKEA have a whopping 365 days of return policy. However, upon return, the item cannot be restocked and resold as new. Normally the item should be classified as B-stock, meaning that somebody has used it, changed their minds for some reason and returned it. The price needs to reflect this, and the next buyer needs to be aware that they are purchasing a possibly refurbished B-stock item. I know that some e-commerce retailers are cheating with this, but they often tend to go out of business as news travel fast these days.

BTW, if I had just bought a P3 within the return period, I wouldn't hesitate sending it back immediately. The Mavic is just so much better.

/// Tom

Reactions: gyrex
In the EU, you are allowed to return the product, without stating the reason, even if you have used it, and it is still good as new. The return period varies with retailers, places like IKEA have a whopping 365 days of return policy. However, upon return, the item cannot be restocked and resold as new. Normally the item should be classified as B-stock, meaning that somebody has used it, changed their minds for some reason and returned it. The price needs to reflect this, and the next buyer needs to be aware that they are purchasing a possibly refurbished B-stock item. I know that some e-commerce retailers are cheating with this, but they often tend to go out of business as news travel fast these days.

BTW, if I had just bought a P3 within the return period, I wouldn't hesitate sending it back immediately. The Mavic is just so much better.

/// Tom
My dealer said my P3A was going back to DJI - is there any commercial responsibility for the manufacturer or does the dealer always take the hit? There could be an arrangement with all DJI dealers that DJI accepts return stock.

You're spot on re your final point. Some people on here don't get it... I'm not doing anything dodgy, just working within the framework and I'd be a mug not to return it for a Mavic.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

How did you go. Get your money back?

I've lodged the return form and the dealer said there's no problem. I'll send the unit back in a week and then I'll get my money back. I've pre-ordered the Mavic but I guess I won't see that until November sometime :(

At least you're going through all the right channels.

I must say that DJI's customer support and their dealers are top notch. I feel confident that if I have any problems with the Mavic, I'll have the full support of DJI in the future. It's certainly comforting!

Well, I have a P3A and I fly it a lot. I'm not in the EU and I'm way outside any return period. I suppose it is 30 days with Amazon! Got my bird in Feb 2016. I love the P3A. It's so good that I'm keeping it. I currently have 4 batteries for it so I fly about an hour each time out. Not great but not bad. I ordered the Mavic early the next morning after it was available. I guess the servers were quieted down because I had no problem at all at around 0400 Eastern.

It appears the Mavic comes with 3 batteries in the combo (at least some sites say this) package I ordered. If that is true then I will again have 4 batteries because I ordered an extra one with the combo. So I'm guessing now that will mean about 80 minutes of flying if I manage 20 minutes per battery...even better if I can garner more air time.

After I fly the Mavic I will fly the P3A. I figure as a 107 remote pilot it is important to build up my air time. I fly every weekend and day off that weather permits. Not really sure what I will do with the 107 remote pilot certificate yet but building up experience is always a good thing.

Keep 'em flying! (Yep even that old (or new!) P3A)
Your mileage may vary...

Reactions: gyrex

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl