Should I be bummed?

Your right about it not being my fault, but modding it has left me with this remote no matter what I do.
The bird was spanking new, the processes in manufacturing the plastic shells is garbage tho. The only positive of the whole thing is, the way the post crumbled without me touching those parts, means it was probably going to anyway, at least I was able to fix it before something shorted out and crashed the bird. But I can't be sure, if left alone it might have been fine and come April 1st I could have just upgraded, now to upgrade I'll have to buy a non modded remote to put in its place

Also once you opened your remote you voided your warranty. It doesn't matter what "was going to happen anyway".

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you are going to mod something, have a spare..... So when you screw up you have a backup. And you always screw up. At least I do.

Reactions: TheLightSpeedz
Let me try and see if I can decipher this post. OP, you modded the controller - is that right? Then some screw sockets started breaking off because you heard rattling, so you opened up the controller and bonded the parts back in place. In the process of modifying the controller, you pulled a ribbon cable off. Then the RTH button fell inside because the screw sockets crumbled so you opened it up again and rebonded the parts back.

And some folks are thinking of advising you to return this controller? Really?

Guys, think for a second what happens to returned items. I know it's a US culture thing to be able to return goods within a certain period. But the OP has modded the controller, damaged it, repaired it and you want him to return it so that it will be someone else's problem?

When you return goods for a refund, they don't get tossed away. They get resold. And then the problem becomes someone else's.

I agree with you. I didn't realize he had modded the rc. If he just opened it to see if he could fix it I would recommend returning it. Since he modded it significantly I hate to say it but it is on him at this point. I guess its possible he damaged something while doing the mod, so it could be his fault. Sorry.

I damaged the first one I did! When I out the screws back in I destroyed two of the screw holes. My first remote rattled like crazy. I just kept it snapped together.

I had a RC that had issues with the screw post crumbling. Never noticed until my RTH button fell into the controller. When I opened the RC 75% of the posts had been in various stages of cracking and crumbling. The controller was only a few months old and had never been dropped or abused. To me it seems like they had a production run that had a bad batch of plastic and quality control never caught it. The plastic is way too brittle to be used on something like screw posts. Had my warrantied, but my RC was never modded.
Exactly Redonk!!
I know I'll never convince these guys it wasn't me, and I get that, but you hit it on the head.
Plus it's a 300B so we know they made a new model. With that said we also know they didn't have to make a new model if they had a weak production run. But again, they crumbled without my input or anything from me.
I really thought about, and still might, buying one off of eBay to through in the box to upgrade but I'd lose my extra battery, spend the $400 to upgrade and another $150 for the remote. Because I've had nothing but perfect runs and stellar performance from the bird itself, I doubt I'll do anything from here.
I went thru the TXers function last night and it's nice and tight, zero rattles (that would drive me nuts) and it's 100% the only tiny thing that will stay is the power button isn't as "snappy" as the RTH button now, I must have it really tightened it down with putty, that's hard as concrete now, that small compared to a taped up remote!

I damaged the first one I did! When I out the screws back in I destroyed two of the screw holes. My first remote rattled like crazy. I just kept it snapped together.

I realize it's an uphill battle telling you guys I did not crumble these holes with over tightening. Read what Redonk posted, I am positive now we HD the same run, if his was a 300B anyway. And I get it, I would doubt the story to possibly, unless I knew the guy was a mechanic for 27 years and a hobbiest for even longer. But it is what it is, I don't think I'll be buying a P4 though, spend another $550 to upgrade and buy a new RC all to lose a battery, and fix a problem I've now spent 3 hours or more on now, that's no longer an issue.

I agree with you. I didn't realize he had modded the rc. If he just opened it to see if he could fix it I would recommend returning it. Since he modded it significantly I hate to say it but it is on him at this point. I guess its possible he damaged something while doing the mod, so it could be his fault. Sorry.
Wow, you just refuse to believe a word I said, or are commenting (like you admitted) without reading a thing

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers