Shooting video and stills.. do which first?

Reaction score
Greetings folks. First post for me..when you want to record video and still on a flight it is inconvenient to go back and forth pausing the video as I'm sure you all know, not to mention you end up with quite a few short video clips when you are all done. So what do you folks do any situation like this? Do you shoot the video first without pausing to shoot any stills and then go back and shoot just stills or what?
I would appreciate any insight you could offer. Thank you

wcw1223

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I haven't done it but I think you can shoot still's while shooting video at the same time with a Phantom 4

Disregard what I stated above I just read that I was incorrect. Sorry about that but for me I just do one or the other which ever works at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BigAl07
Reaction score
I have a P4A and l snap off photos while recording video all the time.

Reaction score
Given that I cut and edit videos anyway ... taking stills when I want is no problem. I don't have a set way of all video or stills then other ... no need. I use a P3P

Reaction score
I haven't done it but I think you can shoot still's while shooting video at the same time with a Phantom 4

Disregard what I stated above I just read that I was incorrect. Sorry about that but for me I just do one or the other which ever works at the time.
You can shoot Stills while shooting video with the P4Pv2. Just squeeze the trigger on the Right far side button of your controller. Similarly you can start and stop video using the Left far side button.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jherranz84