Shocking disregard for the law - London Flight

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a stunning video no doubt, but flying in or above crowds of people AND above government buildings in the main part of London is asking for trouble.

I am new on here and I am curious to know as to why this is illegal? I would like to know so I can avoid doing it myself as I have been wanting to create a video similar to this one.

Thank You
If thats the case, you should have a read of the rules. Its all illegal. What are you? Uneducated? People like you will get the drones banned.

Opinions: This was a great video (despite jello, drone arms, choppy edits, etc.). Love to see the courage this rogue pilot has to film such beautiful sights!

No, no, no. It's a fact that his video is poorly shot and edited. He broke every rule there too! The only talent in that video is London. Well, and the P4. :p

Pretty pathetic bro ;)

Happy people do not feel the need to insult others.

I know for a fact the energy you put out reflects what you get out of life. The people on this forum bashing other users (including myself), I truly do feel sorry for y'all. I bet you have no idea just how apparent your frustration with your own life is. Perhaps not to everyone, but then again it's just basic psychology, and I consider myself pretty good at reading people ;)

It really does makes me laugh [emoji1] But at the same time I feel bad for you, and hope you find what it is you're looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dont know about fines. I think you should be locked up in jail. Those of us that have respect for laws don't really care about your life. I would prefer you were locked up. It is you that is a very unhappy individual and you only get off with rejecting authority. I feel sorry for you but that doesn't mean you should be able to fly so dangerously.

Reactions: Goldni
No, no, no. It's a fact that his video is poorly shot and edited. He broke every rule there too! The only talent in that video is London. Well, and the P4. :p

Agreed - impressive location but poor technique - but I think that @GoodnNuff was stating that it is an opinion that has been advanced here, not that he necessarily supports it.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Agreed - impressive location but poor technique - but I think that @GoodnNuff was stating that it is an opinion that has been advanced here, not that he necessarily supports it.
You are correct.
I think Ian is well aware of this as well though. He is merely expressing his expert opinion (he is an incredible videographer in his own right).

Reactions: ianwood and sar104
You are correct.
I think Ian is well aware of this as well though. He is merely expressing his expert opinion (he is an incredible videographer in his own right).

He is very good, no question. He also provides a fine example of how to do this kind of work safely and in compliance with safety laws from a commercial perspective. Unfortunately that does not seem to be a universally popular message.

Personally I think that posting, documenting and bragging about flights that are in reckless disregard of aviation law should be considered a breach of forum rules - the less publicity and encouragement given to such attention-seeking stupidity the better.

I dont know about fines. I think you should be locked up in jail. Those of us that have respect for laws don't really care about your life. I would prefer you were locked up. It is you that is a very unhappy individual and you only get off with rejecting authority. I feel sorry for you but that doesn't mean you should be able to fly so dangerously.

Locked up in jail? Catch a f##king grip

So operating a 1.5 kg UAV at 1000 ft is more dangerous than driving a 2500kg vehicle at 80mph. Ok.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

He is very good, no question. He also provides a fine example of how to do this kind of work safely and in compliance with safety laws from a commercial perspective. Unfortunately that does not seem to be a universally popular message.

Personally I think that posting, documenting and bragging about flights that are in reckless disregard of aviation law should be considered a breach of forum rules - the less publicity and encouragement given to such attention-seeking stupidity the better.
Personally I agree with you. I don't think the forum should even give a voice to these people who are in blatant violation of the law.
However the powers that be here do not agree and feel that all voices should be heard.
Apparently posts on a few other threads that call out unsafe flying are being/have been removed, which leaves me confused about the direction this will take the forum.
Oh well, it is not my penny at play.
Shrugs shoulders.

He flew a very very safe drone that has had millions of pounds and 10+ years of r&d.

Yes he broke the rules bla bla bla but he didn't commit armed robbery. People like you turn me away from frequenting forums

Reactions: maseman88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT