Ship Rock, New Mexico, USA.

Reaction score
Website
www.jeffreysipress.com
A glorious morning at this iconic location. Phantom 4 Pro.

ahiprock-pano2.jpg

So majestic. Everything is really nice. A good lead up to the rock. Nothing wrong with that picture. It says a lot.
I like zooming in also. It says something a little different. I like texture and the ruggedness of the rocks.
I wish I could be there with you. I than have to remind myself, to better show the beauty of my own backyard. I do that mostly with my Nikon.
Right now I am sitting on the back porch. It's an all day steady rain with clouds coming up the valley.

Reactions: JeffreyS
Picture perfect again! Went through there last month dragging a fifth wheel. One of the worst roads I’ve ever traveled. New Mexico dot has no clue where to put a “bump”sign or what the word flat means.

Picture perfect again! Went through there last month dragging a fifth wheel. One of the worst roads I’ve ever traveled. New Mexico dot has no clue where to put a “bump”sign or what the word flat means.
I agree, Hwy 64 between Taos and Shiprock there a 50 mile section that's a horrid road, top speed is about 35mph in an RV. Worst paved road ever IMO. I just travel that in February, never again.

Beautiful shot. Is the graininess in the foreground natural? i.e. did you do much post processing on this? Again love the result.

Thanks RE. Yes, this image file uses a few adjustment layers for contrast and color correction, as any good image does. The grain may be caused by the rough surface texture of the terrain, or noise caused by the P4P sensor being used in low light, or both. It's part of life with these drone cameras in anything other than full daylight. I did run noise reduction on the sky areas.

Upon further inspection, what you are seeing is sand and gravel.

Last edited:
Holy Moley, Spectactacular image....wow!

Awesome image. But "Shiprock" is one word.

D

Actually the formation you see here is called Ship Rock. The closest town to it is called Shiprock, NM. Two different approaches. However, both spellings are used freely and interchangeably, if you do a search. I guess that means no one is right and no one is wrong!

I subscribe to this source:

Last edited:
So majestic. Everything is really nice. A good lead up to the rock. Nothing wrong with that picture. It says a lot.
I like zooming in also. It says something a little different. I like texture and the ruggedness of the rocks.
I wish I could be there with you. I than have to remind myself, to better show the beauty of my own backyard. I do that mostly with my Nikon.
Right now I am sitting on the back porch. It's an all day steady rain with clouds coming up the valley.
I'm in Arizona. Balmy 109 degrees (in the shade). What are these 'clouds' you speak of? I think I saw one once?

Reactions: WV. Rootman
Actually the formation you see here is called Ship Rock. The closest town to it is called Shiprock, NM. Two different approaches. However, both spellings are used freely and interchangeably, if you do a search. I guess that means no one is right and no one is wrong!

I subscribe to this source:

Touché. I guess I stand corrected. Next thing you're going to tell me "Camelrock" is two words...<;^)

D

Reactions: JeffreyS
I'm in Arizona. Balmy 109 degrees (in the shade). What are these 'clouds' you speak of? I think I saw one once?
Well, it may be like your smoke. It photo bombs a lot of my pictures. This is the center of my community, SEE! It's everywhere.
DJI_0002.jpg

It doesn't even have to rain and this stuff is around. This is behind my house. It makes everything wet. Try camping out without a cover over you. You will be soaked by morning.
Untitled-10.jpg

Sorry, just pictures to play and make dumb jokes with. You are the photographer and this is your post. I do appreciate your work. I would love to travel around and photograph things as you do. My lifestyle is such now, that I can't work it out. My daughter with multiple disabilities locks me down. I'll keep admiring your photography.

Sorry, just pictures to play and make dumb jokes with. You are the photographer and this is your post. I do appreciate your work. I would love to travel around and photograph things as you do. My lifestyle is such now, that I can't work it out. My daughter with multiple disabilities locks me down. I'll keep admiring your photography.

WV, I always appreciate your comments and support. I'm not bothered that you added your own photos, even though generally I don't like that. We all have different abilities to get around and we do the best we can. I'm fortunate to be able to visit these places (and to be retired now!). If you are enjoying them through my imaging, then my efforts are successful. Please give my best wishes to your daughter.

If you want to really go places while staying home, then please visit my website:

www.jeffreysipress.com

Reactions: WV. Rootman
Thanks RE. Yes, this image file uses a few adjustment layers for contrast and color correction, as any good image does. The grain may be caused by the rough surface texture of the terrain, or noise caused by the P4P sensor being used in low light, or both. It's part of life with these drone cameras in anything other than full daylight. I did run noise reduction on the sky areas.

Upon further inspection, what you are seeing is sand and gravel.
Stunning image. Gonna pic a nit/spit a hair with you though. To me color _correction_ means setting white and black points neutral so that all colors fall in line representing them accurately. Color _adjustment_ on the other hand is subjective and what I think you probably performed and would be more accurately descriptive of your process. Color correction would likely not have rendered such a spectacular photo. Good work!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.