shimmering

Reaction score
can someone explain what causing the shimmering affect on this video 15 sec into the video it happens a couple of times ?

Ewww, dredded "jello effect". Look for cracks on the arms around the motors (typically hairline on the bottom shell around the mount screws). Check for unballanced propellers. Lastly, if this is an older aircraft with a lot of flight time, replace the silicone dampers. I just replaced the dampers on mine and the last few flights had no jello. Wind was 20-30 with gusts greater than that.

Reactions: jaybee2786
Ewww, dredded "jello effect". Look for cracks on the arms around the motors (typically hairline on the bottom shell around the mount screws). Check for unballanced propellers. Lastly, if this is an older aircraft with a lot of flight time, replace the silicone dampers. I just replaced the dampers on mine and the last few flights had no jello. Wind was 20-30 with gusts greater than that.

Spot on Offroader one of the dampers had perished replaced all ,will fly next week to check but thanks to you i knew where too look many thanks

Spot on Offroader one of the dampers had perished replaced all ,will fly next week to check but thanks to you i knew where too look many thanks
Hope that does it for you. Didn't work for me. Took a few flights today and had some. Replaced top shell (that helped a LOT), balanced props and replaced dampers. I've been using a Polar Pro ND16 filter. It is heaver than the clear lens that comes on the camera. Flights from a few days ago with the clear lens did't reveal the problem.

Lots of people have this problem, but there aren't a whole lot of solutions for it. Crashes seems to make it happen. Got mine second-hand and noticed later that it was involved in a crash, cracked top shell, kink on one of the landing gear. No mention of it by the seller; caveat emptor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72