Shell and GPS Module Replacement

Well, my new P3 body shell arrived on Friday, and I opened up the box today.
First off, two thumbs up to DJI. First of all, they supplied a set of landing skids for the shell. No big deal, until you realize that they also sell them separately. So kudos to DJI for including them in the package and not making you buy them if your old landing gear got trashed.
They also supply what seems to be a complete screw package, so if you're fumble fingered like I am and happen to loose one of the originals down an air vent (hey, it could happen), you've got a spare or two. Thank you, DJI.
Just one raspberry...the shell is shipped assembled. That's right, the top is snapped on to the bottom. Separating the top and bottom of the shell was the single most difficult thing to do in taking apart my old shell, and now I have to do it all over again with the new one before I can even start the re-assembly! Just as my cracked and bleeding fingernails were beginning to heal. Now where did I put that old, dull kitchen knife...er, I mean shell removal assist tool?

No Landing gear with mine just the shell closed as you say.

It's really not that bad if you just take your time and organize everything as you take it apart. Take some pics along the way so you don't forget where something goes. Patience goes a long way here. Plan to get the lion share of it done in one setting so you don't lose "mental" momentum. And if you're a surgeon, it's a piece of cake! LOL

How tough was it to get those litttle (4) coax wires off/on? We're talking about the little board under the vps module right?

That's really good you guys have the guts to do it, has anyone done a video that you know of? I'm looking for a spare better shell but it's hard to get anything on AUS. Any links to a stronger shell I'd be grateful. Better have a spare just in case I crack it. Great post btw

How tough was it to get those litttle (4) coax wires off/on? We're talking about the little board under the vps module right?

I didn't take them off. You can fish them through the opening in the shell and the legs. It is tricky, but I did it.

Strange. Mine were in a brown cardboard support box that was underneath the body shell. Did you check there? I almost missed them because it was very light and I thought it was empty.

Same here. I almost threw them away with the cardboard thinking there was nothing in there!

I didn't take them off. You can fish them through the opening in the shell and the legs. It is tricky, but I did it.

Edit: (lack of reading comprehension)The reason I ask is I had to disconnect/reconnect 2 or 3 of them in the process of repairing the on/off button on my Nexus One and they were a real pain in the butt.

So you never did have to connect them on the board itself?

No, I didn't have to disconnect them. If I had, I think it would have been a solder connection. You are talking about the white wires connected to the VPS sensor? I wasn't about to try since nothing on my P3P was damaged but the shell.

No, I didn't have to disconnect them. If I had, I think it would have been a solder connection. You are talking about the white wires connected to the VPS sensor? I wasn't about to try since nothing on my P3P was damaged but the shell.

Ah, I see, welp we're back to PIA, LOL

It can (obviously) be done but the tiny little connectors are really on tight, Did I mention the're really tiny. In the past i've used electronic type needle nose and it requires a steady hand to say the least! This from someone that has experience with electronics, pcb soldering, ect but don't do it often enough to be really good.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik