shapeways simensays 7thchannel lever kit- operate with care!

Reaction score
http://www.shapeways.com/model/1041193/ ... r-kit.html

It works well, but operate with care. The + profile at the end of the rod that goes in the pot meter is rather weak. I had the rod rotating freely after reaching one of the extremes, and thought it was the screw coming loose. So rotated the other way, and applied some, but really not much pressure to get good control again. This happened a few times; and today the + profile broke off, leaving me with a useless flat surfaced rod, and the + profile stuck in the pot meter. I got the profile out easy enough, but I might have to order a new set :|
So if you have it, operate with care; take your time and open the tx up if you want to adjust things or you loose money and time :idea:

Attachments

• fail.jpg
    fail.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 656
Re: shapeways simensays 7thchannel lever kit- operate with c

Good to know, thanks for posting. I have one of these kits on order and am just waiting for it to show up in my mailbox. Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the other pot does on the TX? Possibly an 8th channel? I'm excited about being able to tilt my FPV cam from the TX and figured the other pot could potentially be used for roll/pan... Not that I have a use for that, but still would be useful to know.

Yeah, 3D printed plastics are still a long way from machined composites, as far as strength goes. They have great uses for R&D purposes, and fitting together piece parts ready for assembly. But the porous nature of the plastic "gives" too much, leaving rounded edges or breaks and cracks.

Mr. Lucid said:
Good to know, thanks for posting. I have one of these kits on order and am just waiting for it to show up in my mailbox. Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the other pot does on the TX? Possibly an 8th channel? I'm excited about being able to tilt my FPV cam from the TX and figured the other pot could potentially be used for roll/pan... Not that I have a use for that, but still would be useful to know.

X1 Channel is for remote gain tuning or gimbal pitch control.
X2 Channel is for remote gain tuning or Intelligent Orientation Control (IOC), or as S-Bus input.

I don't have a gimbal yet (waiting to see what the DJI offering goes for) but when I do, I plan to just remove that trim-pot and wire in a full-sized 500 Ohm potentiometer to the case. Should be a lot more reliable and cheaper.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl