Serious P4 controller issues.

Reaction score
My Phantom 4 controller has suddenly gone haywire. Whenever I turn it on, all I have to do is press the power button once and it turns on, not the two-press sequence I am used to. When it first started to go haywire, the DJI Go 4 app always assumed the P4 Advanced was connected, but now it thinks I am connected to an Inspire 1 and tells me to use the DJI Go app. All the lights on the RC are white, not red, blue, or green. All attempts at a manual reset have failed (C1 + C2 + shutter button for 3 seconds). The controller has not been dropped or handled rough in any way. It will no longer link with my P4. Is this controller kaput?

First LED is the colored one. Other four are always white so nothing wrong there.

I have a couple of DJI drones and it always picks the wrong one. I sometimes get a Spark (Don't own one.), maybe a Mavic too. Inspire 1 instead of the Inspire 2 that I have. It is random so maybe not anything wrong there either. Just the way GO 4 works.

As to the re-link, the drone version needs to coincide with the correct RC version. I don't know if the reset works anymore as when I tried to do the drone in Assistant 2 it always loaded the last version even when I could pick another, but now all priors are gone.

Try and find the proper way to do a re-link online somewhere. DJI is very slow to update their website on the correct way to do anything as they keep changing faster than their Youtube videos and manuals.

Good luck.

Reactions: FCD
I can't even load the Go4 app with the controller connected, it forces me to use Go.
Also, before this happened I would push the power button once to check battery status and twice (one short, one long) to turn it on. Now a single press turns it on. GAHHH, this is so frustrating!

I can't even load the Go4 app with the controller connected, it forces me to use Go.
Also, before this happened I would push the power button once to check battery status and twice (one short, one long) to turn it on. Now a single press turns it on. GAHHH, this is so frustrating!
Have you tried reinstalling the controller firmware. I'm also having issues with my P4 controller only charging to 75%.

Performed a hard reset by disconnecting the battery and it now powers on normally. Still shows me connected to an Inspire 1 in Go app, i.e. actually connected to an Inspire. Firmware updates fail. Says I am using version 1.7.8

How much will it cost me to have this repaired/replaced?

I can't reinstall the firmware. The Go app errors out and I can't even open the Go4 app with the controller.
DJI now wants to charge me to fix this even though it all started when I was updating the controllers firmware!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers