Selling my P3A

Reaction score
Hi there, I’m about to sell my P3A, is there anything I MUST do before handing it over. Reset etc.
Thankyou in advance

Format the removable memory card and remove any registration and/or contact information you attached to the outside of the drone.

Thankyou, I was wondering if I had to do a factory reset or anything like that

Formatting does very little to remove anything from a card.
I have recovered Gb's worth of photos and videos from 2nd hand cards that people have formatted.
If you want to wipe a card and include it with the drone can I suggest formatting in a computer then running something like "H2testw" on the card.
The latter is actually a card capacity (amongst possibly other things) checking program, it does this by writing files to all the nominally available/empty space on the card thereby over writing what ever was there in the first place.
It then reads the files back and checks them somehow against what was written, thereby checking the card.
It can be stopped once the write has completed, another format or simple deletion then 'gets rid' of the test files.
In case anyone is wondering, I was not seeking to recover files but checking the card with a recovery program "Zarx" which outputs a map of any bad sectors encountered during its scan.
If I run Zarx before H2testw I frequently find loads of supposedly deleted photos etc. but if Zarx is run after H2testw Zarx finds nothing 'useful'

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve just got myself a MP2. So I’ll be over to the Mavic pilot app.
I just tried to buy an M2P, over on the mavic site. Couldn't believe it was still available when I got home from the doctor, but sorry to say, I missed a fabulous deal. Will wait for the next one. I'll be on the other site waiting but no hurry. Will get a mavic wetsuit, like my Phantoms. KO

Reactions: Shoot4fun
Formatting does very little to remove anything from a card.
I have recovered Gb's worth of photos and videos from 2nd hand cards that people have formatted.
If you want to wipe a card and include it with the drone can I suggest formatting in a computer then running something like "H2testw" on the card.
The latter is actually a card capacity (amongst possibly other things) checking program, it does this by writing files to all the nominally available/empty space on the card thereby over writing what ever was there in the first place.
It then reads the files back and checks them somehow against what was written, thereby checking the card.
It can be stopped once the write has completed, another format or simple deletion then 'gets rid' of the test files.
In case anyone is wondering, I was not seeking to recover files but checking the card with a recovery program "Zarx" which outputs a map of any bad sectors encountered during its scan.
If I run Zarx before H2testw I frequently find loads of supposedly deleted photos etc. but if Zarx is run after H2testw Zarx finds nothing 'useful'
You's a perv, ain't ya?... ? ?

Shhhhhh don't tell any one, ..........actually some of the cards were from a pro and I have kept some of the photos as they are an excellent tutorial on playing with exposure settings etc. and the consequent results. The photographer sometimes took 10 to 20 shots of the same subject at different settings. And no there were no..............

Shhhhhh don't tell any one, ..........actually some of the cards were from a pro and I have kept some of the photos as they are an excellent tutorial on playing with exposure settings etc. and the consequent results. The photographer sometimes took 10 to 20 shots of the same subject at different settings. And no there were no..............
Uh huh. Sure there weren't... ? ? ?

Thankyou, the question was more about having to reset to factory settings or anything else like that. I’m not selling the P3A with an sd card.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20