Selfie advice on P3P

Reaction score
Hi all,

Getting married next Saturday and I'd love to show the guests how awesome the DJI's are!..

Yeah we've got a photographer, but she's about 5ft6" - love to get an overhead/high angle group photo vid..

I have Go app and Litchi - any recommendations on how to set this up for good shots/vids outside -
I don't want to be seen with the controller in shots and I don't trust anyone to control it for me

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Congratulations on the marriage. You can get litchi to do a way point mission and film it. Then take screenshots. Or you may need to get an outsider to click on the camera button as it's hovering. Ask the female photographer to take the pic. Line up your shot, pass her the control and tell her to take the pic. No need for her at all the move the sticks

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi Dutchy

Congratulations...! here is what I would do, get permission from the church to do some practise flying, set up a mission to do multiple slow passes of the area you want to see, make sure the POI is you and the bride, time the the mission so that you know how much air time you need so that the battery% remains on the good side.
Once you have flow the mission a couple of times and reviewed the video, you can tweak the mission parameters for height and distance from the quests, I would get a good friend to launch the mission for you, have him practise the auto launch, so he knows what to do, then get him to take the stills.
The chances of getting it right on the day at the first attempt are not so good, DO A TRIAL RUN....
Best Wishes
Waylander

congrats @Dutchy.

I would set up the mission using litchi . but I would not set it up in advance, Id do it on the fly using the C buttons to drop the way points. This way you don't have to be in a pre planned area. make sure your way point configuration is set so that the C buttons drop a way point and the other drops a poi. I would fly over you and you wife camera down and drop a poi over you guys. then fly in front of you and the group and drop way point 1. fly to where you want the selfie to end, adjust the camera to the angle you want and drop way point to the press play hide the controller the drone should fly to waypoint 1 then fly to wapoint to adjusting the angle as needed

Focus on one thing at a time. Marriage is more important, let someone else take charge of photography.

[emoji4] - I've set up a mission already for a test this weekend - if all goes well - all I have to do is launch the mission....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31