Seems I've purchased an import (controller question)

Have you tried to fly it?

Also what's the black phone holder on the front?

Have you tried to fly it?

Also what's the black phone holder on the front?
I have only messed in the back garden to be honest and no more than 20 feet up. I mean it does seem to fly ok, I was planning on going out today with my brother. He has the pro version hence me getting into this.

Forget the black holder that's my temp iPad holder Waiting on a proper mount to come.

I have only messed in the back garden to be honest and no more than 20 feet up. I mean it does seem to fly ok, I was planning on going out today with my brother. He has the pro version hence me getting into this.

Forget the black holder that's my temp iPad holder Waiting on a proper mount to come.

Yep agree with Jeytea, just fly it, don't worry, but just for peace email DJI and see what they say

Darren

I will drop them an email anyway just to see what they do actually say.

Either way I've bought it now and I have contacted the person I bought it from and he seems genuinely stumped too.

I'm kinda stuck with it so I'll need to deal with it whatever happens.

Thanks for all the help folks, very much appreciated

Bear in mind that flying on that frequency leaves you open to 1) interfering with someone else's equipment, or 2) someone/something interfering with your drone.
If you check on google, that frequency range requires a licence to operate,

Bear in mind that flying on that frequency leaves you open to 1) interfering with someone else's equipment, or 2) someone/something interfering with your drone.
If you check on google, that frequency range requires a licence to operate,
Yip I get what your saying but I don't see much options on this, it's not ideal obviously but I'm stuck with it now.

Did you buy it through eBay, Amazon or using PayPal as I think you have a case to return it for a refund if it wasn't stated that it was a 900MHz variant?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

how is it, if you buy a used RC for less money? i bought one on ebay for 30€..or is anything different on the AC at the Japanese Version?

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I would jet get the seller to buy it back. It's not legal to use the Japanese version in the UK. While the chances of getting caught for being on the 900m band is slim, if you get caught for anyrthing else, that would cause problems.

Oh jeez I'm worried now, I'm not home at the moment but I will check when I get back home.
What are we talking about happening here from a legal point of view?
More to the point... if someone uses their phone and the frequency is close to ur birds then your wings are clipped and she's going away m8.

Sent from my SM-G900F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: 2bobrocket75
Maybe it could be sold on ebay or ClaigsRist in Japan, and use the proceeds to buy the correct model for your region

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Maybe it could be sold on ebay or ClaigsRist in Japan, and use the proceeds to buy the correct model for your region

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
That is just not worth the trouble, sorry if that sounds off but I don't have the time never mind the funds to work that option.

I have decided I'm just going to have to keep this. I have contacted the person I bought it from an while he says he had no idea of this he is also not willing to refund me the £380 I paid for it.

I'm not made of money to run out and buy another and this was more of a treat purchase to myself and trust me this don't happen much.

I obviously had no idea of this when I bought it and being this is the first ever drone, in fact radio control anything I have ever owned i would never have thought to check or question it.

I will just have to take whatever risk comes with it till I save some more pennies then I will buy another fit for the uk and but this down to I've learnt from my mistake.

Would like to thank each and everyone who has gave me info on this, was very much appreciated even if some of it was a bit worrying .

P.S. I will keep you posted if anything comes of this

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT