Seeking overview

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

Sorry if this question has been answered elsewhere I've been searching the forum but to no avail.

Basically I have a vision 2plus and am trying to decide btwn fpvlr stage 2 or the itelite antenna. Can anybody direct me to a comparative review of these 2 products? Which one will give better distance, can be easily disassembled for transport and if I understand correctly I can also buy amps to further enhance both of these 2 mods?

All the threads here are very specific and require a general level of knowledge about antennas. How can I choose which option is best for me, price is not a major consideration as my birthday is coming up soon lol and finally once I've made my choice is there a place to get the work done as I am not handy at all. I know I can send my stuff to fpvlr and they will do everything but some people say itelite is better but I don't think they offer installation services?

Any advice or anecdotal experiences would be greatly appreciated - thank you!!

lamiker,
I would read this post
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/fpvlr-dipoles-absolutely-amazing.44140/ couple of times and seek out other posts from phantom13flyer as he has the FPLVR antenna and booster set up, the other info about the bird side FPLVR Dipole antennas the 5.8 is for extended control signal while the 2.4GHZ is for FPV. I personally own the iItelite and am liking it so far it has improved my range with my stock set up. With that said you need to ask yourself what are you looking for range or extreme range many have seen great range with both and it boils down to what you personally looking to spend and how far your looking to fly. DBSMODS.com dbsmods.com I believe offers install service for the Itelite antenna.

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply. I want to go about a mile out. It's important to me that I can easily transport my setup via backpack. I want either the fpvlr level 2 or the itelite. Either option will cost me way less than 500 Canadian therefore price is not an issue. If you were me what would you do? Anybody please help and very much appreciated!!!

I own both fpvlr and the ITelite. I get better performance out of the ITelite antenna. As for breakdown I have no comment on that because I do not do that. I can say that the ITelite antenna is not as fragile as the one cloverleaf antenna of fpvlr. That just me though.

As for getting someone to do the work I used http://shop.uavrepairshop.com/main.sc and got excellent service. He even did some stuff I did not ask him to do ie. putting copper shielding under the top. At no extra charge of course. He is real quick with his work and answering questions.

Yes I was leaning towards the itelite but now I think fpvlr is making special 2,8 and 5,4 antennas for the itelite as well. I never thought about uav I used him too and he,z perfect for the job! So I'll order the itelite from one place the other antennas from fpvlr and send it all off to a third place lol. All told still well under 500 Canadian am I missing something would this work and would I get approx a mile taking off from a bunch of different green spots in a big city? I swear that's all I want...3x what I am getting now...(?)

Not sure what you mean by grenn spots, but check out my test video and see what it did for me. I do not have any mods done to the bird at all.

Dude that is some outstanding flying! You have way better control over your bird than i do and the distances you post are exactly what I'm looking to achieve. Thank you! Can you please tell me what your setup is, you say look at what it did for me and then you say no modifications were done to the bird at all. Im confused but if you don't mind telling me I would love to copy you!!!

All I have is the DBSITELITE antenna. Nothing else. The phantom itself has nothing extra done to it. So just the remote and 2.4 repeater have been modded.

Okay I'll have to try just the itelite to start! Did you do the install yourself or get it done for you?

I did it myself. Just take your time with the white epoxy on the remote antenna and the rest is pretty easy.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1