Seeking Connecticut/New York Regulations

Reaction score
I am new to the forum and this experience. I reside in Connecticut and also New York but am having a hard time locating any local regulations for Connecticut and New York. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I can't speak for New York, but in my experience I believe it's a pretty safe bet that if you are enjoying yourself, having fun, or smiling while flying it's more than likely you're breaking some rules or subject to a tax. J/k...sorta. I haven't had any problems flying around CT except for down at a state park some time back.

Any true UAV regulations would be on the Federal level governed by the FAA. States cannot autonomously regulate the airspace above them. This may change in the future, but that's how it is now. I live in CT, and you cannot takeoff/land from State Park property so avoid that. Some homeowners associations restrict UAV operations from within their confines as well. Trespassing on private property in order to fly is not a great idea either, but again, it's not the UAV operation but the trespassing that's the issue. Other than that, observe the generally accepted standards of maintaing sight with the copter, max height of 400', and never fly over person(s)/property that could be injured/damaged if copter crashed.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic