Second hand Controller.

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a DJI Phantom 3 Advanced and like many user`s of this drone my Controller stopped charging suddenly, I have since purchased an exact working model of my controller GL300C the question I wanted to ask was...Will I need to update the firmware in my Drone and New controller so they work okay together....

Many thanks

Peter Murray

Hi Peter, in my opinion, and you will get quite a few that differ, I would update the controller's firmware AND the P3A as well. Next, you will need to link your new controller to your craft. There are tons of explanations here, on youtube and even in the manual on how to do this. In the future, it also is not terribly difficult to put a new battery in your controller with some basic soldering skills.

Fly safe!

Reactions: Ovlovt4
Some research may be beneficial.
I seem to remember there may be some preferable firmware that people like.
I may be confusing the model numbers, so do some checking. I’ve been wrong before.

Hi Peter, in my opinion, and you will get quite a few that differ, I would update the controller's firmware AND the P3A as well. Next, you will need to link your new controller to your craft. There are tons of explanations here, on youtube and even in the manual on how to do this. In the future, it also is not terribly difficult to put a new battery in your controller with some basic soldering skills.

Fly safe!

Many thanks for your prompt reply and the information supplied....after having my old controller tested it was also the board so was getting expensive many thanks again and Happy flying to You.

Peter

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic