(second)Best android tablet other then Nvidia

Reaction score
so I guess what I want to know is what android tablet would be (second)best to use as a monitor.
I know the shield tablet is the best, but what about a nexus 7 2013 or any other android tab for that matter.
I plan on using my iPhone 6+ but wanted an affordable android table that I could use as well(to fly both birds)
Currently using kindle fire Hdx to fly my P2v+ but not compatible with the pilot app. Any suggestions would be great.

nexus 7 (2013) has been used by inspire pilots for a while, though some say there's a noticeable lag.

Can anyone tell me if the Nexus 7 supports HDMI output? I have been using the FatShark Dominators V2 on an Ipad Mini and they are great for FPV plus they have a video recorder so I can record what the application app is showing during the flight in the event of an error or worst a crash/fly away.

I'd personally stick to the list of recommended Android devices. You never know if an update will no longer work on a non-named device -- then you've got an Android paperweight...

I'd personally stick to the list of recommended Android devices. You never know if an update will no longer work on a non-named device -- then you've got an Android paperweight...

If you have a name brand Android tab, it is going to work. As far as a paperweight, come on, it has many more uses than as a monitor for your P3.

I'm thinking the best bang for my buck would be the nexus 7 2013. Seems there is a lot of inspire pilots using it. I'm just wondering if there's any lag with it

Just search YouTube for something on the lines of "tablet DJI inspire". There are a few comparison vids and heaps of threads in the inspire forums. From my research Samsung tablets are a bit choppy and drop frames, the Dell mentioned earlier was a close second to the Shield and the Nexus 9 third. IPad mini 2 and Air 2 were the smoothest but then you're stuck with iOS if you like that sort of thing. I'm waiting for the Shield 2 with the new X1 processor, which is supposed to be twice as fast as the K1 in the current Shield, although the Nexus 7 (2013) is on the supported list:

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/spec

Look right down the bottom of the page

Nexus 7 is Officially Dead so Grab them while you can! I have 2 2013's love them for size! No HDMI out No Card Slots But Adapter cable works.

I hoping it will work with the Acer Memo Pad 8. Faster processor and more memory than the nexus 7 2013... App loaded and runs fine, but P3 is enroute so haven't tested yet.
If anyone tests it with a Memo Pad 8, or LG G3, let us know the results.

Can anyone tell me if the Nexus 7 supports HDMI output? I have been using the FatShark Dominators V2 on an Ipad Mini and they are great for FPV plus they have a video recorder so I can record what the application app is showing during the flight in the event of an error or worst a crash/fly away.
Nexus 7 2013 does support HDMI output, unfortunately it doesn't have a proper HDMI connector (you have to use a proper miniUSB2HDMI connector), therefore it's USB connected OR HDMI connected, not both.
It's a very good tablet anyway and personally I'm not experiencing any lag.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic